Increasing Demand and Consumption of Alcoholic Beverage Driving the Global Market
Rising interest among individuals for craft beer and other alcoholic beverage is the major driving force for the market. In addition, the export markets are growing in the developing countries due to better trade regulations, demographic pattern, and economic growth.
Innovative Product Development- the Upcoming Opportunity
The beverage sector holds a great potential for the food-grade alcohol manufacturers to develop innovative products, due to the availability of raw materials, especially, in Asia-Pacific. Companies, such as Cargill, are manufacturing neutral grain and potable alcohol, which are used as the major ingredients in the production of vodka, gin, jenever, liquor, pasti, and cream liquor by several European spirits producers. Food grade alcohol is also used as a processing aid in the production of chocolate and confectionery, and as a solvent for colorings, fragrances, and flavours.
Beverage Segment Anticipated to be the Fastest Growing Market, Globally
Based on type, the food-grade alcohol market can be categorized into ethanol and polyols. Ethanol holds the major market share as it is used in the production of alcoholic beverages. Moreover, ethanol is used as a preservative in the food industry, for shelf-life enhancement of end products, and for manufacture of colors & flavors for food applications. The low cost of sugar and molasses has led to increased ethanol production.
Asia-Pacific is expected to be Fastest Growing Market for Food-grade Alcohol Market
The market for food-grade alcohol is anticipated to grow in Asia-Pacific, owing to the increasing population and rising per capita income, especially in developing economies like India. Moreover, geographies, like Europe, have approved the use of food-grade alcohol in food & beverages, and pharma applications, which ultimately is expected to accelerate the market for food-grade alcohol.
MAJOR PLAYERS: ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND, CARGILL, MGP INGREDIENTS, JIANGSU HUATING BIOTECHNOLOGY, ROQUETTEFRERES, FONTERRA CO-OPERATIVE, CRISTALCO, GRAIN PROCESSING, WILMAR INTERNATIONAL, MANILDRA and SIGMA-ALDRICH, amongst others.
- May 2017: Cargill has expanded its polyol product segment by the purchase of Rogers, Arkansas-based BioBased Technologies®, vegetable-based polyol product line, Agrol®, and other assets.
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Demand & Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages
4.1.2 Enhanced Export Markets
4.2.1 Harmful Effects of Alcohol
4.2.2 Fluctuating Prices of Raw Material
4.2.3 Legalization of Cannabis
4.3.1 Potential for Innovative Product Development
4.3.2 Demand from Emerging Markets
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Application
5.2.3 Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
5.3 By Source
5.3.1 Sugar & Molasses
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
5.4.4 South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Archer Daniels Midland
7.3 MGP Ingredients
7.4 Jiangsu Huating Biotechnology
7.6 Fonterra Co-operative
7.8 Grain Processing
7.9 Wilmar International