Lifestyle changes expected to boost the market for Food Grade Glycerin
Food grade glycerin has high applications in the foods & beverage industry as a low-calorie source of lecithin because of its extensive functional benefits. It helps in reducing the viscosity, replaces more expensive ingredients, controls sugar crystallization, helps in the homogeneous mixing of ingredients and most importantly improves shelf life of products. The increasing number of diabetic patients globally is expected to further push manufacture of food products for the usage of glycerin.
Biodiesel Segment is expected to witness a high growth rate during the forecast period
The global glycerin market is segmented on the basis of source into vegetable oils, biodiesel, soaps, synthetic and others. The growing interest in biodiesel fuel from renewable sources of vegetable oil, waste cooking oil and beef tallow has created a market glut of food grade glycerin. Menthol is added to the oil/fat source to produce Biodiesel. The fatty acid portion of the molecule is esterified to biodiesel, and glycerin is produced as a byproduct. Crude glycerin is distilled and purified to a possible 99.5 percent purity with ion exchange resins. The glycerin produced is suitable for food, personal care, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and other specialty applications.
Asia-Pacific region Continues to Dominate the Global Food Grade Glycerin Market
Asia-Pacific accounted for the significant share in the global food grade glycerin market in 2017, further it is estimated to be the leading market for glycerin growing at a CAGR of over 7.8% during the forecast period. Europe also has significant market share owing to the high demand for high demand for glycerin in the pharmaceuticals, food & beverages, and personal care sector.
MAJOR PLAYERS: EMERY OLEOCHEMICALS, IOI OLEOCHEMICALS, WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LTD., KUALA LUMPUR KEPONG BERHAD, GODREJ INDUSTRIES, CRODA INTERNATIONAL PLC, CARGILL INCORPORATED, P&G CHEMICALS, KAO CORPORATION, AVRIL GROUP, THE DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY (OLIN CORPORATION), CREMER OLEO GMBH & CO. and KG, amongst others.
- May 2015: Kuala Lumpur Kepong Bhd (KLK) is buying Emery Oleochemicals GmbH’s oleochemicals assets and business in Düsseldorf, Germany for 40.5 million euros.
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.2.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
188.8.131.52 Bargaining Power of Buyers
184.108.40.206 Threat of New Entrants
220.127.116.11 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
18.104.22.168 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Source Type
4.1.1 Vegetable Oils
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
4.2.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Emery Oleochemicals
6.2 IOI Oleochemicals
6.3 Wilmar International Ltd.
6.4 Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad
6.5 Godrej Industries
6.6 Croda International PLC
6.7 Cargill Incorporated
6.8 P&G Chemicals
6.9 KAO Corporation
6.10 Avril Group
6.11 The DOW Chemical Company (Olin Corporation)
6.12 Cremer Oleo GmbH & Co., Kg
- Emery Oleochemicals
- IOI Oleochemicals
- Wilmar International Ltd.
- Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad
- Godrej Industries
- Croda International PLC
- Cargill Incorporated
- P&G Chemicals
- KAO Corporation
- Avril Group
- The DOW Chemical Company (Olin Corporation)
- Cremer Oleo GmbH & Co.Kg