More Convenient Jam, and Jelly Packaging = Increased Sales Rate
The US jams and jellies market is quite stable with a steady growth rate in, both, value and volume of product consumption. The main factor for the increasing jams and jellies consumption, in the US market, is the consumer preference for more affordable and comfort food items. Moreover, clean label, convenience, and ethical claims are other important factors accelerating sells of such spreads in the US market. Environmental friendly packaging has also become as important as fair-trade policies in the market. However, the usage of high sugar content and artificial preservatives in these products are suppressing growth trends of the US market. The number of jam, jelly, and preserves consumers is declining, continuously. As a result, manufacturers are investing heavily and developing new products with functional food attributes, such as low/no/reduced sugar, preservatives, and fat content.
Natural/Organic Trend Driving the Market
The United States is the largest market for organic food products. The growing demand for clean labels has accelerated the sales for jam and jelly in the country. With the rising consumer preference towards exotic varieties of fruits, fruits content in the product & natural/organic claims is increasing rapidly. Along with new jam, and jelly products with higher heath benefit attributes and various taste profiles, the traditional tastes are dominating the US market. For instance, grape jelly is still the most popular jam and jelly flavor, followed by strawberry, raspberry, and orange-based products. Natural/organic jam, jelly, and preserves are the most prominent products in the market, due to their health benefits. Moreover, the market for these products has evolved as a niche category, which remains unaffected by the unfavourable economic conditions, thus, accelerating the consumption rate of organic jam, and jelly even during recessions.
- May 2015 - B&G Foods entered a strategic partnership with a third party logistics provider, to manage most of the warehouse and distribution functions in the United States.
- January 2017 - J M Smucker planned to build its manufacturing unit in Colorado City for peanut butter and jellies, to expand business in the country.
Major players – B&G FOODS HOLDINGS CORP., ANDROS FOODS NORTH AMERICA, J.M. SMUCKER, KRAFT HEINZ CO, MURPHY ORCHARDS, NATIONAL GRAPE CO-OPERATIVE ASSOCIATION (WELSCH), ORKLA FOODS (FELIX), TRAILBLAZER FOODS, DIAMOND CRYSTAL BRANDS INC., WILKIN & SONS LTD. and HARTLEYS (HAIN CELESTIAL), among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative & quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic & non-economic aspects
- Regional and Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you to get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porters Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Market Dynamics
4. Market Segmentation
4.1.2 By Distribution Channel
126.96.36.199 Convenience Stores
188.8.131.52 Online Channel
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Active Companies
5.2 Most Adopted Strategies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 B&G Foods Holdings Corp.
6.2 Andros Foods North America
6.3 J.M. Smucker
6.4 Kraft Heinz Co
6.5 Murphy Orchards
6.6 National Grape Co-Operative Association (Welsch)
6.7 Orkla Foods (Felix)
6.8 Trailblazer Foods
6.9 Diamond Crystal Brands Inc.
6.10 Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
6.11 Hartleys (Hain Celestial)
- B&G Foods Holdings Corp.
- Andros Foods North America
- J.M. Smucker
- Kraft Heinz Co
- Murphy Orchards
- National Grape Co-Operative Association (Welsch)
- Orkla Foods (Felix)
- Trailblazer Foods
- Diamond Crystal Brands Inc.
- Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
- Hartleys (Hain Celestial)