Flavonoids prevent cancer cell growth, cure stomach ulcers and have anti-microbial properties, thus, preventing infections. Further, the application of flavonoid in the anti-cancer drug is expected to be one of the major factors driving the market. The growing demand for convenience food products has increased the use of flavonoids in functional food. Moreover, the smoothing and antioxidant properties of flavonoids are useful in the cosmetics industry for skin care applications. In emerging economies, the growing demand for longer shelf life of convenience food and aged population are expected to fuel the growth of flavonoid market. In addition, the increased usage of flavonoids, as a coloring agent for food & beverages, is expected to support the demand for flavonoid market in the near future.
Anthocyanins, anthoxanthins and flavones are some of the most common types of flavonoids. Anthocyanins accounted for the major share of 38.5% in the flavonoid market, globally. The increasing use of anthocyanin, as a coloring agent in the food & beverage industry, is the major driving factor. Flavonoids are used in numerous applications such as functional food and beverages, nutraceuticals, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. The functional food held the largest market share of over 30%, in terms of value. The functional beverages segment is expected to register a CAGR of over 9.1% by 2023. In animal systems, plant-produced flavonoids are important dietary components, and are known to possess a broad range of properties including antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and anticancer properties.
North America was the largest market in terms of value, accounting for more than 38% of the global revenue in 2015. Several preventable, diet-related chronic ailments including cardiovascular diseases, overweight, type 2 diabetes and obesity are highly prevalent in this region. Further, these health issues have increased the demand for flavonoids. The developed countries characterized by the high cancer prevalence include Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Norway and the United States. Owing to the increased nutraceutical products consumption in Asia-Pacific, the demand for flavonoids that was over USD 110 million in 2015, is expected to witness a rapid growth. Moreover, Europe, Germany and France are expected to account for the largest market share followed by the United Kingdom. Further, South America and Africa will experience a lucrative market growth, which is attributed to the growing awareness of antioxidant usage and incidences of various disorders. The rapidly escalating food & beverage market, in Brazil, contributes to the growth of flavonoids in the South American market.
MAJOR PLAYERS: CAYMAN CHEMICAL COMPANY, QUERCEGEN PHARMACEUTICALS, FOODCHEM INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION, INDOFINE CHEMICAL COMPANY, INC., EXTRASYNTHESE, TOROMA ORGANICS LTD., PHARMACHEM LABORATORIES INC., ORGANIC HERB INC., PHYTOCOMPOUNDS, INDENA S.P.A, KEMIN INDUSTRIES, MEHERRIN AGRICULTURAL & CHEMICAL COMPANY,AQUAPHARM BIO-DISCOVERY LIMITED, FLAVON GROUP LLC., ALCHEM INTERNATIONAL LTD. and FRONTIER NATURAL PRODUCTS CO-OP, amongst others.
- January 2016: Further, the Cayman Chemical Company, in order to strengthen its European market position, acquired Biomol GmbH, a Germany-based distributor of research reagent chemicals.
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising Demand for Beauty & Health Supplements
4.1.2 Application of Flavonoid as an Anti-Cancer Drug
4.1.3 Rising Demand for Functional Food Products
4.2.1 Low Consumer Awareness of Flavonoid Consumption
4.3.1 Untapped Market of Flavonoids in the Developing Countries
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Functional Food & Beverage
5.2.4 Cosmetic Industry
5.2.5 Animal Feed
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
5.3.4 South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
6.2 Most Active Companies in The Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. List of Company Profiles
7.1 Cayman Chemical Company
7.2 Quercegen Pharmaceuticals
7.3 Foodchem International Corporation
7.4 INDOFINE Chemical Company, Inc.
7.6 Toroma organics Ltd.
7.7 Pharmachem Laboratories Inc.
7.8 Organic Herb Inc.
7.10 Indena S.p.A
7.11 Kemin Industries
7.12 Meherrin Agricultural & Chemical Company
7.13 Aquapharm Bio-Discovery Limited
7.14 Flavon Group LLC.
7.15 Alchem International Ltd.
7.16 Frontier Natural Products Co-op
- Cayman Chemical Company
- Quercegen Pharmaceuticals
- Foodchem International Corporation
- INDOFINE Chemical Company Inc.
- Toroma organics Ltd.
- Pharmachem Laboratories Inc.
- Organic Herb Inc.
- Indena S.p.A
- Kemin Industries
- Meherrin Agricultural & Chemical Company
- Aquapharm Bio-Discovery Limited
- Flavon Group LLC.
- Alchem International Ltd.
- Frontier Natural Products Co-op