Increasing Usage of Industrial Gases in Various Industries - Driving the Air Separation Unit Market
The demand for industrial gases, such as nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and others, have been increasing for application in various industries. Nitrogen is used to improve oil & gas recovery. One of the drivers for nitrogen demand is the expansion of the global infrastructure to enable the production, transport, and use of liquefied natural gas (LNG). Nitrogen has heavy usage at every stage of LNG supply chain. The increasing establishments of commercial gasification facilities will have massive oxygen requirements. Moreover, developments in the Oxyfuel Combustion process are expected to drive demand for tonnage oxygen, during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The increasing usage in the electronic and food industries is accelerating the demand for argon, which is anticipated to drive the global demand for air separation units.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market Growth
In 2016, Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest share of the global air separation unit market. The growth of Asia-Pacific can be attributed to the increasing demand for air separation units from the iron & steel, oil & gas and chemical end-user segments. This region is projected to dominate the global air separation unit market, during the forecast period. Moreover, North America is projected to be the fastest-growing region, during the forecast period. The stringent environmental regulations are also driving the market, owing to the increased use of pure oxygen over the ambient air, to burn coal or natural gas in power stations, in order, to promote clean technology initiatives and curb pollution, worldwide.
China to Dominate the Air Separation Unit Market in Asia-Pacific
In Asia Pacific, China dominates the air separation unit market. The increasing demand for industrial gases from industries, such as chemicals & fertilizers, petrochemicals, metal, electronics & semiconductors, refinery, automotive, and food & beverage, drives the demand for air separation unit in the country. In terms of demand, China dominates the chemical industry. The increasing demand for chemicals contributes majorly to the demand for industrial gases. Hence, the rising demand for industrial gases is expected to positively influence the demand for air separation unit in the country. In addition, China is increasing the production of steel to cater to the growing demand, which is likely to add to the demand for the air separation unit in the country in the coming years.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017: Airgas USA LLC planned to construct a new air separation unit (ASU) in Mebane, North Carolina. The facility is expected to increase Airgas’ production capabilities in North Carolina’s research triangle area, while also strengthening its East Coast merchant gases network.
- June 2017: Air Products and Linde entered into a joint venture to construct a USD 60 million "world-scale" air separation unit and industrial gas liquefier near Albany, New York.
- June 2017: SINOPEC and The Linde Group signed a USD 162 million joint venture to strengthen air gases supply in China’s Ningbo Chemical Industrial Zone.
- April 2017: Air Product’s joint venture INOX Air Products Ltd in India, planned to build six new air separation units (ASU), which is likely to serve the growing onsite and merchant liquid industrial gases market in India. The six plants are scheduled to come on-stream during the course of 2018 and 2019.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Identify the drivers, restraints, and opportunity possessed by the global air separation unit market with in-depth analysis.
- Analyze the various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Identify the most dominating process, gas and end-user applications with forecasted market estimate in the global air separation unit market.
- Identify the largest, fastest-growing, and significant regions during the forecast period with in-depth analysis.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months of analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Until 2023
3.3 Government Policies and Regulations
3.4 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
7. Global Air Separation Unit Market Analysis, By Process
7.1 Cryogenic Distillation
7.2 Non-cryogenic Distillation
8. Global Air Separation Unit Market Analysis, By Gas
9. Global Air Separation Unit Market Analysis, By End-User
9.1 Oil & Gas Industry
9.2 Steel Industry
9.3 Chemical Industry
9.4 Food & Beverage Industry
9.5 Health Care Industry
10. Global Air Separation Unit Market Analysis, By Geography
10.1 North America
10.1.3 Rest of North America
10.2.6 Rest of Europe
10.3.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.4 South America
10.4.3 Rest of South America
10.5 Middle East & Africa
10.5.1 Saudi Arabia
10.5.3 South Africa
10.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
11. Company Profiles of Key Players* (Overview, Products, Financials**, Recent Developments)
11.1 Linde AG
11.2 Messer Group GmbH
11.3 Praxair Inc.
11.4 Shanghai Chinllenge Gases Co. Ltd
11.5 Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
11.6 Air Liquide S.A.
11.7 Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
11.8 Boschi Universal
11.9 Ellenbarrie Industrial Gases Ltd.
11.10 Enerflex Ltd.
11.11 Gas Engineering LLC.
11.12 Sichuan Air Separation Group
11.13 Yingde Gases Group Company Limited
* List Not Exhaustive
12. Competitive Landscape
12.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
12.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
13.1 Contact Us
(**Subject to availability on public domain)
- Linde AG
- Messer Group GmbH
- Praxair Inc.
- Shanghai Chinllenge Gases Co. Ltd
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
- Air Liquide S.A.
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
- Boschi Universal
- Ellenbarrie Industrial Gases Ltd.
- Enerflex Ltd.
- Gas Engineering LLC.
- Sichuan Air Separation Group
- Yingde Gases Group Company Limited