Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 46.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (12.0%) and transport, storage and communication (11.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.7%, 5.5% and 5.7%, respectively, in 2018.
The country's EUR150-EUR200 mn (US$169.1-US$225.5 mn) Luxembourg Airport City Master Plan is expected to provide required infrastructure and facilities, owing to increasing number of passengers in recent years, by taking into account medium- and long-term growth projections of the airport. The expected project duration is around 5-10 years.
- Canton Luxembourg and Canton Esch comprise 59.6% of Luxembourg’s population as of 2017
- Luxembourgian government ensures various support measures for newly created business enterprises
- The overall LUXX (Luxembourg Stock Exchange) index exhibits a declining trend over last one year. As of October 10th, 2018 LUXX index stood at 1,655.5, compared to 1,682.9 on October 10th, 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- Table of Contents
- List of Exhibits
- Did you Know?
- Country Highlights
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
Exhibit 1: Luxembourg’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: LUXX Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows and Outflows, 2014-2017
Exhibit 7: Number of Foreign Affiliates, 2017
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
Exhibit 14: Nuclear Reactors, Boilers, Machinery and Mechanical Appliances, % Share in World’s Total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: Business Enterprise R&D Expenditure by Source of Funds, 2012-16
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Luxembourg 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions