Advanced Polyimide Materials: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications summarizes and reviews recent research and developments on several key PI materials. A wide array of PI materials are included, including high performance PI films for microelectronic fabrication and packaging, display and space applications, fiber-reinforced PI composites for structural applications in aerospace and aviation industries, and PI photoresists for integrated circuit packaging. The chemical features of PI are also described, including semi-alicyclic PIs, fluorinated PIs, phosphorous-containing PIs, silicon-containing PIs and other new varieties, providing a comprehensive overview on PI materials while also summarizing the latest research.
The book serves as a valuable reference book for engineers and students working on polymer materials, microelectronics manufacturing and packaging in industries such as aerospace and aviation.
- Reviews the latest research, development and future prospective of polyimides
- Describes the progress made in the research on polyimide materials, including polyimide films, matrices for carbon fiber composites, coatings for microelectronics and display devices, forms and fibers
- Presents a highly organized work that is composed of different sections that are easily compared
2. Chemistry of Advanced Polyimide Materials
3. Advanced Polyimide Films
4. High Temperature Polyimide Matrix Resins for Carbon Composites
5. Polyimide Super Engineering Plastics
6. Polyimide Materials for Microelectronic and Opto-Electric Displays
7. Thermal Stable Porous Polyimides
8. Advanced Polyimide Fibres
Prof. Yang obtained B.S. degree in Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, China in 1982, and M.S. degree in Polymer Chemistry from Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 1985. After get his Ph. D. degree in Polymer Chemistry from the Institute of Polymer Chemistry, Nankai University, China in 1998, Prof. Yang has a four year research experiences at Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, focusing on Electrically Conductive Polymer materials: Synthesis and Characterization. After spent one year as Postdoctor at Department of Chemical Engineering, the State University of New York at Buffalo, and another three year experience as Research Associate at Department of Chemistry, the University of Chicago specializing on the Electro-optic Polymer Synthesis and Characterization, Prof. Yang joined Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences as Associate Professor in 1996, focusing on development of Advanced Polymer Materials.
Prof. Yang has fifteen years research experience in advanced polymer materials, especially polyimide, including its synthesis, characterization and properties. Currently, his research interests include the design and development of High Temperature Polyimide Materials for aerospace/aviation applications and of Advanced Polymer Materials for microelectronic / optoelectronic manufacturing and packaging applications.
Prof. Yang has published over 150 papers and holds over 60 patents in the chemistry, properties and applications of advanced polymer materials, delivered over 40 oral presentations in many international symposium on polymer materials.