This analysis includes a discussion of products, current/forecast markets, competitors, and opportunities in the inhalation drug delivery devices markets, including MDIs, DPIs, and nebulizers for the treatment of asthma and COPD.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key drivers and limiters to the inhalation drug delivery devices market?
- Which competitors are leading the market and introducing new technology?
- How are technological advancements impacting market growth?
- What factors are driving epidemiologic growth in the inhalation drug delivery devices market?
- The combined prevalence of asthma and COPD in the countries covered by this report (US, Japan, and five major EU markets of France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK) is 109.3 million.
- The combined market for inhalation drug delivery devices totaled nearly $11.7bn in 2016, and is expected to climb at a rate of 1.2% over the forecast period.
- Generic erosion will be a key factor in limiting growth in the overall market; however, increasing disease prevalence and the introduction of novel products such as triple combination therapies will offset declines.
- The US accounts for nearly two-thirds of the overall inhalation drug delivery devices market, and is expected to experience the most growth over the forecast period as its population increases and ages.
i. Respiratory disease prevalence
ii. Inhalation drug delivery devices market
a. Selected market drivers and limiters
b. Asthma-related devices segment
c. COPD-related devices segment
d. Market leaders
e. Emerging competition
1. Inhalation Drug Delivery Technology
1.1.1 Metered dose inhalers
18.104.22.168 Breath-actuated MDIs
22.214.171.124 Spacers for use with MDIs
1.2.2 Dry powder inhalers
2. Inhalation Devices for Asthma
2.2.1 Regulatory guidelines
2.2.3 Boehringer Ingelheim
2.2.5 Merck & Co
2.2.7 Emerging products
2.3 Market analysis
2.3.1 Advair and Breo
2.3.6 Combined market forecast
2.3.7 US market forecast
2.3.8 5EU market forecast
2.3.9 Japan market forecast
3. Inhalation Devices for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
3.2.2 Boehringer Ingelheim
3.2.4 Merck & Co
3.2.6 Sunovion Pharmaceuticals
3.2.8 Emerging products
3.3 Market analysis
3.3.1 Duaklir, PT010, Symbicort, and Tudorza
3.3.2 Spiriva, Stiolto, and Striverdi
3.3.3 CHF 5993
3.3.4 Advair, Breo, Anoro, FF/UMEC/VI, and Incruse
3.3.6 Arcapta, Seebri, Utibron
3.3.7 Combined market forecast
3.3.8 US market forecast
3.3.9 5EU market forecast
3.3.10 Japan market forecast
List of Exhibits
Exhibit ES-1: Inhalation drug delivery devices market forecast, by segment, 2016-21
Exhibit ES-2: Inhalation drug delivery devices market forecast, by region, 2016-21
Exhibit 2-1: Asthma, epidemiology, 2015-34
Exhibit 2-2: Selected inhaled asthma treatment products, 2017
Exhibit 2-3: Asthma market, forecasting methodology
Exhibit 2-4: Inhaled asthma treatment products, combined market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 2-5: Inhaled asthma treatment products, US market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 2-6: Inhaled asthma treatment products, 5EU market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 2-7: Inhaled asthma treatment products, Japan market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 3-1: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, epidemiology, 2016-36
Exhibit 3-2: Selected inhaled COPD treatment products, 2017
Exhibit 3-3: COPD market, forecasting methodology
Exhibit 3-4: Inhaled COPD treatment products, combined market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 3-5: Inhaled COPD treatment products, US market forecast 2016-21
Exhibit 3-6: Inhaled COPD treatment products, 5EU market forecast, 2016-21
Exhibit 3-7: Inhaled COPD treatment products, Japan market forecast, 2016-21
- Appendix: Company Listing