Demand for construction industry in developed nations, and encouraging initiatives by various governments, worldwide, on aeration and ventilation are projected to boost the demand for AC-DC-EC fans in the near future. Rise in awareness of the importance of indoor air quality (IAQ) and government regulations on the ventilation prove will be the key driving factors for the growth of the AC-DC-EC fans market.
What is AC-DC-EC Fans?
The fans are employed to maintain optimum operating temperatures and in order to achieve them temperatures the fan will spin at variable rates in order to supply the device with fresh air. The fans use feedback mechanism systems to collect operating information at real time to ensure supply of just the right amount of cool air to the components, protecting it against heat that can harm the electronics and cause drop-offs in performance.
The angled blades enforce air from surrounding to move into the device in a single direction. The aerodynamic shape of the blades forces air from one side of the housing through the middle and out to the other side at an accelerated rate. The inflowing air side is placed facing away from the device that it is cooling, allowing for the cooler air surrounding the device to enter and eliminating the settling of dust for optimal performance.
The motors in AC cooling fans operate at higher voltage than DC cooling fans; the AC models are frequently used to produce high pressure air currents in systems where the performance gets affected because of the fan’s electromagnetic interference. DC cooling fans are used at lower voltage (5V, 12V and 24V) and in larger sizes (119mm to 172mm). In contrast, 115V is one of the most popular AC cooling fan models. EC fans are generally recognized as being the latest thing in energy efficient air movement technology EC offers the OEM noiseless soft start and improved heat efficiency more than just energy-efficiency. EC fans operate with mechanical commutation instead of electronic circuitry, which supplies the precise armature current in correct direction at the right time for accurate motor control. Their designs are further simplified by using a compact external rotor design with stationary windings.
What are the major applications for AC-DC-EC Fans?
AC DC EC fans are found in a wide range of services including air conditioning, ventilation and heat-recovery, heating, refrigeration, humidification, condensers, evaporators, laminar flow units, fume and dust controlling and applied across wide range of sectors. They find application in various industries; construction, electronics, chemical, mechanicals all have to incorporate these fans in their worksites and equipment continuously to make their work more efficient. AC DC motor based fans have been in use since very long but the EC technology is comparatively new and is implied for achieving still higher performance and excellent controls on the equipment.
AC-DC-EC Fans Market
Market Research and Market Trends of AC-DC-EC Fans Ecosystem
- The AC DC fans find uses in wide range of industries and have gradually seen improvement in design and efficiency. The latest EC fans offer tremendous energy savings of 30 % on average and same amount of reduced carbon emissions thus making its implication a step towards green environment moreover reducing operational costs.
- Intelligent electronics for numerous control functions is a new trend in this arena and are being incorporated in these fans. They help in speed and pressure control in very precise manner and constant speed and pressure have been achieved without external sensors. There are also innovations such as embedding hardware and software from a single source which save material and also make their functioning simpler.
- There are consistent efforts being made to achieve step-less and infinitely variable speed control at efficient operation costs the use of software is continuously being inculcated. Mains input power supplies for the AC-DC-EC fans these days are increasingly becoming fully integrated so that their installation will help to achieve the air output with the required characteristics.
- Motor and drive product innovation continues to be one of the biggest influences of to be energy-efficiency regulations and hence there has been thorough research. Efficiency is taking over; the pump for greener applications and the cost cutting is driving these trends. Electric motor manufacturers operate under guidelines the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, which went into effect on December 2010 which gets changes in five years period since then.
- The designs these days are implementing compact motors making them fully interchangeable products for retrofit i.e. they can be interchangeably used as AC/DC/EC drivers. Thus their implementation in the various systems gives the option of using same hardware at different places and their reusability is increased. It is an opportunity to bring new technology and functionality to their products. With ever-increasing demand for energy efficient systems, when it comes to fan based products.
Who are the Major Players in AC-DC-EC Fans market?
The players profiled in the report include Delta Ventilation Ltd., Nortek Inc., Airmaster Fan Co., Panasonic Corp., Titon Plc, Airflow Developments Ltd., Vent-Axia Group Limited, Polypipe Ventilation, Greenwood Airvac, and Systemair AB.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyse the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
Table of Contents
2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 10 companies
3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 10 companies
3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 10 companies
3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4.4. Porters five force model
4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5.2. Opportunities analysis
5.3. Product life cycle
5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
6.3. Product Segment Analysis
6.3.2. Axial Fans
6.3.3. Diagonal Fans
6.3.4. Centrifugal Fans
6.3.5. Tangential Fans
7.2.1. IE 1
7.2.2. IE 2
7.2.3. IE 3
7.2.4. IE 4
8.2. 80-150 mm
9.3. Cross Flow
9.4. Mixed Flow
11.2. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
11.3. Application Segment Analysis by Type
11.3.3. General Distribution and Wholesale
11.3.4. Industrial and Mechanical
11.3.5. Consumer Electronics
11.3.6. Telecom and Data Centers
11.3.7. Automotive Industry
12.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
12.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.2.2. Revenue and Trends
12.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
220.127.116.11. Rest of North America
12.3. AC-DC-EC Fans - South America Segment Research
12.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.4.2. Revenue and Trends
12.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
18.104.22.168. Costa Rica
22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
12.5. AC-DC-EC Fans - Europe Segment Research
12.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.6.2. Revenue and Trends
12.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
12.7. AC-DC-EC Fans – APAC Segment Research
12.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
12.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
12.8.2. Revenue and Trends
12.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
12.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
12.8.5. APAC Segment – Product type and Application Market Size
188.8.131.52. South Korea
13.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
14.2. Delta Ventilation Ltd
14.3. Nortek Inc.
18.4. Airmaster Fan Co.
14.5. Panasonic Corp.
14.6. Titon Plc