Four major provinces generate around 47.3% of the GDP of Iran and comprises of 36.7% of the country’s population. As part of the five year economic plan (2017-2022), government of Iran envisages an average of US$30.0 bn of foreign financing each year along with US$15.0 bn foreign direct investments and US$20.0 bn foreign investment through local partners.
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of Iran identifies the potentials of Iran as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- The economic activities in Iran accelerated following the lifting of the economic sanction imposed on the country by the P5+1 nations related to the nuclear programme in 2016. The Iranian economy grew at a robust pace of 6.6% in 2016 as compared to a 1.6% decline in 2015.
- Iran’s exhibits higher risk in all parameter of risk index (except environmental risk) when compared with the Middle East and the World average in MarketLine Country Risk Index (MLCRI) 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: TEPIX Stock Index
Exhibit 2: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 3: FDI Inflows and Outflows, Q12016 - Q12017
Exhibit 4: Announced Greenfield Investment Projects, 2014-16
Exhibit 5: FDI as % of Gross Fixed Capital Formation, 2014-16
Exhibit 6: Tax Holidays by sectorEXHIBIT 6: TAX HOLIDAYS BY SECTOR
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Iran’s Performance in Global Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and the World
Exhibit 9: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 11: Real GDP Growth Comparison
Exhibit 12: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
Exhibit 13: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 14: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
Exhibit 15: Petroleum Oils and Oils Obtained From Bituminous Minerals, 2015
Exhibit 16: Interest Rates
Exhibit 17: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 18: Public Finance
Exhibit 19: General Government Debt
Exhibit 20: Employment/Unemployment, 2012-19f
Exhibit 21: Labor Force Participation Rate
Exhibit 22: Male and Female Labour Force Participation (% of Total Workforce
Exhibit 23: Age-Group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 24: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 25: Gender-Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted per million Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: Business R&D Expenditure (% of Total R&D Expenditure)
Exhibit 28: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Ratio of Mobile Line to Fixed Line, 2016
Exhibit 29: Doing Business in Iran
Exhibit 30: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 31: CO2 Emissions