Lion’s share of the GDP is generated by four major regions of the Philippines including National Capital Region, Calabarzon, Central Luzon and Central Visayas. In 2016, electricity, gas and water supply, transportation and storage and administrative and support services witnessed an increase in the approved foreign investments in the Philippines. The business environment is relatively weak and the country ranks 171st out of 190 nations in the starting a business parameter of the ease of doing business in 2017.
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of Philippines identifies the potentials of Philippines as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- The economic performance of the Philippines has been exemplary over the last four years and it emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in the region.
- Strong domestic demand, increase spending on infrastructure, rise in investments and improvement in major export destinations is expected to drive the economic growth of the Philippines in 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 2: Foreign Investment by Industry, 2015 And 2016
Exhibit 3: Foreign Investment by Region, 2015 And 2016
Exhibit 3: Philippines Performance in Global Risk Analysis in Comparison to Europe and World
Exhibit 4: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 5: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 6: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
Exhibit 7: Interest Rates
Exhibit 8: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 9: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 10: Public Finances
Exhibit 11: Labor Market Indicator, 2012-19f
Exhibit 12: Age-Group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 13: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 14: Gender-Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 15: Number of Patents Granted per mn Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 16: High Technology Exports (% Total Manufacturing Exports)