Investments have gone up in recent years in the regions of Catalonia, Navarra and Basque whereas the community of Madrid’s share in total investments has witnessed a decline. Majority of the investments in 2016 were in real estate, wholesale trade, retail trade and civil engineering.
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of Spain identifies the potentials of Spain as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- Fiscal stimulus, easy monetary policy in the Euro area and lower oil prices spurred the domestic demand in Spain which was instrumental in driving the economic activity in 2015 and 2016. The economy grew at a faster pace of 3.2% during 2015 and 2016 following a deceleration during 2011-2014.
- Spain’s risk score in all parameters of MarketLine Country Risk Index (except environmental parameter) is higher the developed European average. However, it performed better in all parameters of risk when compared with the world average in MLCRI 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Key Sectors Contributions to the Economy
Exhibit 2: Investments by Sector Share, 2016
Exhibit 3: Investment by Sector, 2011, 2015 and 2016
Exhibit 4: Investment Share by Region, 2011 and 2016
Exhibit 5: Growth in Investments by Region, 2011-2016
Exhibit 6: Spain’s Performance in Global Risk Analysis In Comparison to Europe and World
Exhibit 7: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 9: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
Exhibit 10: Interest Rates
Exhibit 11: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Public Finances
Exhibit 14: Labour Market Indicator, 2012-19f
Exhibit 15: Age-Group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 16: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 17: Gender-Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 18: Number of Patents Granted per m Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 19: Business R&D Expenditure (% of Total)