Five major autonomous communities of Spain generated around 42% of the GDP and 38% of population of the country in 2016
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 23.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (18.6%), and mining, manufacturing and utilities (18.1%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.2%, 3.7% and 3.3% respectively in 2018.
- Investors are finding Madrid, Andalusia and Balearic Islands more lucrative in recent years
- As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Spain improved over the last five years with an improvement in rank from 18th in 2014 to 17th out of 160 countries in 2018
- The Spanish government has planned to invest around EUR103.7 bn (US$126.5 bn) in various infrastructure projects between 2017 and 2021.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Spain’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe, and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Bolsa de Madrid Stock Market Index-IBEX 35
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: Exhibit 6: Investments by Sector Share (2017) and Total Investment in Key Sectors (2012, 2016 and 2017)
Exhibit 7: Investment Share by Region (2012 and 2017) and Growth in Investments by Region (2012-2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, Percentage of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 14: Vehicles; Other Than Railway or Tramway Rolling Stock, Percentage of World’s Total 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment / Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural / Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users Percentage of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (Percentage of Manufactured Exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Spain 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions