Emerging cities like Bangalore and Hyderabad are new drivers for economic growth with lower share of population as compared to old metro-cities
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 21.4% to the GVA in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities activities (21.0%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (11.9%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 12.1%, 11.2% and 11.5%, respectively, in 2018.
- Mauritius, Singapore and Japan were the largest sources of FDI inflow to India during April 2000 to March 2018
- Over the next two decades, the Government of India has planned an investment of US$1.5 tn for modernization and development of infrastructure
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: India’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: BSE SENSEX (^BSESN)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: Direct Investment in India (2012-13 to 2017-18) and FDI by Type (2017-18) and FDI Equity by Sector (2015-16 to 2017-18)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Country (2016) and FDI Inflows by Sector (2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 14: Natural, Cultured Pearls; Precious, Semi-precious Stones, Etc., Share in World Exports, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in India 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions