Emerging cities in India are the new growth drivers with lower share of population as compared to old metro cities. Liberalization of FDI policies along with initiatives like Start-up India has helped the country to be an ideal destination of FDI. Renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, tourism, construction, ports & shipping are the emerging sectors investments in which is expected to grow in coming years.
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of India identifies the potentials of India as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- India’s macroeconomic scenario has improved over the last one year. Lower inflationary expectation due to low oil prices, narrowing trade deficit and budgetary deficit has put the economy in a sweet spot. The economy is expected to grow at a faster pace of more than 7% in the next fiscal.
- India overall risk scores is lower than the Asia Pacific and the World average in MarketLine Country Risk Index (MLCRI) framework 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 2: FDI Inflows by Sectors in FY 2015-16 (April-March)
Exhibit 3: Share of FDI Inflows by Regions (FY 2015-16)
Exhibit 4: India’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis In Comparison to Asia and World
Exhibit 5: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 6: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 7: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
Exhibit 8: Interest Rates
Exhibit 9: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 10: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 11: Public Finances
Exhibit 12: Labor Market Indicator, 2012-19f
Exhibit 13: Age-group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 14: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 15: Gender-wise Share in Total Population