Central Federal District (Moscow, Kaluga, Lipetsk) and North West Federal District (St. Petersburg, Leningrad, Vologda) were the most preferred destinations for the investors accounting for more than 70% of the total investments received in the first three quarters of 2016. Wholesale & retail, mining & quarrying, basic metals and food attracted the most foreign investments during the period.
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of Russia identifies the potentials of Russia as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- Sliding of oil prices and the sanctions imposed on Russia by the western economies from end of 2014 onwards drove the economy into recession. Rise in household consumption expenditure narrowed the contraction in GDP to -0.2% in 2016 from -2.8% in 2015. The economy is expected to post positive growth in 2017 on the expected marginal recovery in the oil prices.
- Russian Federation performed better in environmental and technology and infrastructure parameter, while macroeconomic, political, legal, and demographic risks are higher in comparison to other emerging economies of Europe, Asia and African regions in MarketLine Country Risk Index (MLCRI) 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 2: Main Invested Sectors (US$ bn), Q1-Q3 2016
Exhibit 3: FDI Inflows by Sectors, 2011 and 2015
Exhibit 4: Main Invested Regions (US$ Mn), Q1-Q3 2016
Exhibit 5: Investment by Region Growth rate (% YoY), Q1- Q3, 2016
Exhibit 6: Russia’s Performance in Global Risk Analysis In Comparison to Europe and World
Exhibit 7: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 9: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
Exhibit 10: Interest Rates
Exhibit 11: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Public Finances
Exhibit 14: Labour Market Indicator, 2012-19f
Exhibit 15: Age-Group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 16: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 17: Gender-Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 18: Number of Patents Granted per mn Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 19: Business R&D Expenditure, 2015