Due to higher regional income inequality and uneven population distribution, top three provinces (Guateng, KwaZulu Natal and Western Cape) account for 64% of the total domestic product and 55% of the total population. Europe continues to be the leading investor in South Africa, accounting for 68% of the total investment in 2015 followed by Asia (13.7%) and Americas (9.4%)
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of South Africa identifies the potentials of South Africa as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- South Africa’s overall risk score is lower than the BRICS (Brazil, China, India, Russia and South Africa) and the world average in MarketLine Country Risk Index (MLCRI) 2017
- Real GDP of South Africa grew by 0.3% in 2016 as compared to an annual average of 2.2% growth recorded during 2011-2015. The economic growth has been falling continuously since 2013 due to various global and domestic factors like fall in private investment and consumption, decline in public investment and slowdown in exports.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: 1:FTSE/JSE Africa All Share Index Series
Exhibit 2: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 3: Investments by Sector, 2015
Exhibit 4: Key Infrastructure indicators
Exhibit 5: South Africa’s Performance In Country Risk Analysis In Comparison to Emerging BRICS and the World
Exhibit 6: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 7: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 8: Real GDP Growth Comparison
Exhibit 9: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
Exhibit 10: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 11: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
Exhibit 12: Total Value of Road Vehicle Exports, % of World Total, 2015
Exhibit 13: Interest Rates
Exhibit 14: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 15: Public Finance
Exhibit 16: General Government Debt
Exhibit 17: Employment/Un-employment (Provincial And National)
Exhibit 18: Average Monthly Earnings
Exhibit 19: Employment by Sector
Exhibit 20: Age-Group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 22: Gender-Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and 4G Mobile Broadband Coverage, 2016
Exhibit 24: Number of Patents Granted per m Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 25: R&D Expenditure (% GDP)
Exhibit 26: Doing Business In South Africa 2017
Exhibit 27: Corruption Perception Index
Exhibit 28: CO2 Emissions