Singapore’s Central region acts as hub for most of the financial and professional services firms. West region is dominated by port and water transport industry due to proximity to Jurong port, while East region is dominated by airlines industry due to proximity to Changi Airport. Financial and insurance activities, wholesale and retail trade together accounted for 68% of the overall FDI stocks in 2015
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of Singapore identifies the potentials of Singapore as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- Singapore's economy is expected to accelerate from 1.7% in 2016 to 2.2% in 2017, driven by recovery in external demand and marginal recovery in oil prices. The country enjoys sound economic health with both fiscal surplus and current account surplus.
- Singapore’s overall risk score is lowest in the World as per MarketLine Country Risk Index (MLCRI) 2017. It performed better than ASEAN average in all parameters.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Market Capitalization (Singapore stock exchange)
Exhibit 2: Key Sectors Contribution To The Economy
Exhibit 3: FDI By Regions
Exhibit 4: Foreign investments in Singapore (year-end stocks) By sectors
Exhibit 5: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 6: Singapore’s Performance In Country Risk Analysis In Comparison To ASEAN Average and World Average
Exhibit 7: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 8: Real GDP Growth Comparison Among Peers
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth And Household Consumption
Exhibit 10: Export, Import And Trade Balance
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
Exhibit 13: Total Value Of Electronic Machinery & Equipment Exports, % of World Total, 2016
Exhibit 14: Exchange Rate And Inflation
Exhibit 15: Prime Lending Rate
Exhibit 16: Public Finance
Exhibit 17: Total Government Debt (Year End)
Exhibit 18: Employment/Un-employment, 2012-19f
Exhibit 19: Labor Cost Index, 2012-2019(f)
Exhibit 20: Minimum Monthly Wages (SGD)
Exhibit 21: Age-group Wise Share In Total Population
Exhibit 22: Ethnic Composition Of Singapore
Exhibit 23: Gender-wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 24: Internet Broadband, Mobile Penetration Rate and 4G Network Coverage, 2016
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted per m Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 26: Average R&D Expenditure By Sectors (2011-15)
Exhibit 27: Average R&D Expenditure By Industry (2011-15)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business In Singapore 2017
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 30: Co2 Emission Per Capita