More than 60% of the companies with foreign capital are located in Istanbul. In H1 2016, manufacturing, financial intermediation and electricity, gas and water supply attracted more than half of the foreign direct investment in the country. Netherland, Austria, UK, Germany and the US were the top five investors during the same period.
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of Turkey identifies the potentials of Turkey as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- 2016 has been a difficult one for Turkey, with the political crisis and increased terrorist attacks, resulted in declining business confidence and lower number of tourist arrivals in the country. The economic growth of Turkey slowed down to 2.9% in 2016 from 6.1% growth recorded in the previous year.
- Turkey’s overall risk score is higher than the emerging Europe, Middle East and African average, but lower than the World average in MarketLine Country Risk Index (MLCRI) 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 2: Foreign Investments by Sectors
Exhibit 3: Foreign Investment by Country, 2012-2017
Exhibit 4: Turkey’s Performance in Global Risk Analysis in Comparison to Emerging Europe and MEA and World
Exhibit 5: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 6: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 7: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
Exhibit 8: Interest Rates
Exhibit 9: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 10: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 11: Public Finances
Exhibit 12: Labor Market Indicator, 2012-19f
Exhibit 13: Age-Group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 14: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 15: Gender-Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 16: Number of Patents Granted per m Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 17: Business R&D Expenditure (% of Total R&D Expenditure)