Bangkok accounted for 32.5% of the Thailand’s gross domestic product as of 2017
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 32.5% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (20.9%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (14%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 5.0%, 4.3% and 4.6% respectively, in 2018.
- As per the Logistics Performance Index 2018, Thailand’s rank improved significantly as it moved up to the 32nd position out of the total 160 nations, from 45th position in 2016.
- The overall SET index exhibits a upward trend over the last one year.
- As of August 27th, 2018, SET index stood at 1,717.2, compared to 1,585.8 on August 28th, 2017
- Majority of inward FDI was towards financial and insurance activities sector in 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did You Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Thailand’s Performance in Terms of the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Stock Exchange of Thailand – SET Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows (2012–2017) and Share of FDI Inflow by Industry (2017) and FDI by Industry (2013–2017)
Exhibit 7: Foreign Investment by Country (2012–2017) and Share of Foreign Investment by Investing Countries (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013–2016
Exhibit 14: Nuclear Reactors, Boilers and Machinery, % Share of World Exports, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Thailand 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions