Thailand is having high difference in provincial development with Bangkok accounts for more than 40% of the Thailand’s Gross domestic product. Despite political changes in 2014, Thailand continues to maintain an open, market-oriented economy which encourages FDI as one way to promote economic development, employment and technology. Japan is typically ranked as Thailand's largest investor, followed by Singapore and China.
Macroeconomic Outlook Report of Thailand identifies the potentials of Thailand as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure
- Growing public investments, recovering exports and private consumption continues to drive the economy in the first quarter of 2017. Improvement in private consumption was led by rising farm income and consumer confidence.
- Thailand’s overall risk score is lower than the ASEAN average in all parameters of risk (excluding political and legal risks) in MarketLine Country Risk Index (MLCRI) 2017
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Country’s Position in MLCRI (MarketLine Country Risk Index)
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 2: Thailand Total FDI Inflows (bn US$)
Exhibit 3: Thailand’s Performance in Global Risk Analysis In Comparison to ASEAN and World
Exhibit 4: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 5: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 6: Exports, Imports and Trade Balance
Exhibit 7: Interest Rates
Exhibit 8: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 9: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 10: Public Finances
Exhibit 11: Labor Market Indicator, 2012-19f
Exhibit 12: Age-Group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 13: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 14: Gender-Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 15: Number of Patents Granted per mn Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 16: R&D Expenditure (% of GDP)