Thailand PESTLE Insights - A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 30.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (22.4%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (11.8%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to contract by 4.4%, 5.4% and 4.8% respectively in 2020.
Bangkok accounted for 32.9% of Thailand’s gross domestic product and 8.5% of its population in 2018.
- As per the Logistics Performance Index 2018, Thailand’s rank improved significantly, as it moved up to 32nd position out of 160 nations, from 45th position in 2016.
- The overall SET index exhibited a downward trend over the last year. As of August 7, 2020, the SET index stood at 1,324.4, compared to 1,669.4 on August 7, 2019.
Reasons to Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360-degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations.
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country's GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
- List of Exhibits
- Did You Know?
- Country Highlights
- COVID-19 Impact
- Country Snapshot
- PESTLE Insights
- Political Landscape
- Economic Landscape
- Social Landscape
- Technological Landscape
- Legal Landscape
- Environmental Landscape
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Thailand’s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Stock Exchange of Thailand - SET Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors’ Contribution to the Economy (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 6: Inward FDI Position (Q1 2012 - Q1 2020) and FDI Position by Industry (Q2 2019 - Q1 2020)
Exhibit 7: Foreign Investment By Countries (Q2 2019 - Q1 2020) and Share Of Foreign Investment By Investing Countries (Q2 2020)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2019)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2015-2019)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2015-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2016-2019)
Exhibit 14: Nuclear Reactors, Boilers and Machinery, % Share of World Exports (2019)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (June 2014 - July 2020)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2015-2019)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2015-2019)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2015-2019)
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2015-2019)
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2015-2019)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users as a Percentage of the Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2019)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Persons (2019)
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports, % of Manufactured Exports (2019)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Thailand 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perceptions Index (Rankings) (2019)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)