Saudi Arabia has allocated SAR372.0 billion (US$97.9 bn) for the development of infrastructure during the tenth plan period (2015-2019) which is an increase of 76.0% over the previous plan.
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activities contributed 39.9% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (13.1%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (10.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 9.4%, 8.9% and 9.4% respectively in 2018.
- Saudi cities - Riyadh and Makkah are among the best performing metropolitan areas that comprise 51.4% of the Saudi Arabia’s population in 2017
- Middle East continues to be the leading investor in Saudi Arabia, accounting for 29% of the total investment between January 2012 and December 2016 followed by Western Europe (24.3%) and North America (22.7%)
- The overall TASI index, exhibits an upward trend over the last one year. As of November 7, 2018, the TASI Index -increased to 7,792.6 as compared to 6,933.5 on November 7, 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Saudi Arabia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East and North Africa, and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Tadawul All Share (TASI)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: : FDI Inflows, Greenfield Investments (2010-2017) and FDI by Sectors Share (2012-2016)
Exhibit 7: Investment By Region And Country(2012-2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
Exhibit 14: Mineral fuels and oil, % of total world exports, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Saudi Arabia 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions