THID, the Ultimate Outcome of RFID: Terahertz Identification and Authentication covers the burgeoning domain of the terahertz (THz) domain and its promising future in the electromagnetic spectrum for applications in telecommunications, medicine and the security industries. It describes a novel tag used in the THz frequency region that is complementary to the RFID solutions that are now commonly used in an effort to highlight the increased level of security in the encoded information. These pure dielectric tags, in which the information is encoded in the volume, is very difficult to analyze and counterfeit.
- Describes a technical solution for tag and information encoding for identification and unitary authentication in the THz frequency range
- Proposes a principle that can be applied in the THz range, differing RFID by encoding information in the volume of a dielectric structure without any metallic part
- Helps readers increase the level of security of encoded information
Table of Contents1. Why the THID technologies?
2. State of art of THID technologies
3. Design of the chipless THID tags
4. THID Tags for Identification purposes: Encoding approach, Performances
5. THID Tags for Authentication purposes: Encoding approach, Performances