This bookaddressesadvanced numerical techniques used to significantly reduce the complexity and memory requirement for solving the linear system that results from the discretization of the boundary integral equations by the Method of Moments (MoM). Typically, the problem of the VHF wave scattering from an object above a rough sea surface in a ducting environment is investigated as is the HF radar propagation above the Earth in the presence of islands. Along with these topics, the book also covers rapid asymptotic theories, which are derived and compared with references methods based on the MoM.
- Presents tactics on scattering from both rough surfaces and near a rough surface
- Discusses radar propagation in ducting environments
- Includes numerical techniques to accelerate MoM
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
- Method of Moments and Fast Algorithms
- Asymptotic Scattering Models from Rough Surfaces
- Applications to Airborne SHF Scattering from Sea Surfaces
- Application to LGA SHF Propagation and Scattering from Sea Surfaces
- Application to HF Propagation Above the Earth
Christophe Bourlier works at the IETR (Institut d'Electronique et de Télécommunications de Rennes) laboratory at Polytech Nantes (University of Nantes, France) and is also a Researcher at the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS) on electromagnetic wave scattering from rough surfaces and objects for remote sensing applications and radar signatures. He is the author of more than 160 journal articles and conference papers.