The overall SCM market in ASEAN recorded a moderate growth of 6.3% YoY due to the slowdown of the email security segment. The market was greatly offset by the significant growth of the Web security segment, growing by 13.6%. Email security has been somewhat saturated, as many organizations, particularly small and medium organizations were either seeing email security as commodities on an integrated security appliance or shifting to cloud-based and managed email security services. On the other hand, the Web security segment grew significantly by 13.6% in 2016. Web/online content management has drawn increasing attention among governments in the region over the last few years. Web filtering is no longer just an organization’s security issue but also an important part of the national cybersecurity policy of a country.
In addition to the market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces for the SCM market. Some key drivers include the continual surge of new advanced threats and attacks through email and Web vectors and better awareness of the threat landscape. The surge of IoT devices and the increasing adoption of mobility in the workforce require organizations to tighten their control of online content to enhance productivity and prevent threats. Strict compliance requirements drive investments in security to prevent litigation and legal liabilities and in turn drive adoption of cybersecurity.
Market trends are analyzed for the study period of 2015 to 2021, with the base year as 2016. SCM solutions are the key focus area in this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), service providers, manufacturing, education, and other sectors.
Companies mentioned in the SCM market's competitive landscape include Symantec, Cisco (Ironport), Trend Micro, Forcepoint, McAfee, Lyceum Capital (Clearswift), Axway (Tumbleweed), Barracuda, Fortinet, SonicWall, Sophos, F-Secure, Sangfor, Kaspersky and other small vendors. The countries included in this study are Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- Is the secure content management (SCM) market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Will SCM solutions continue to exist, or will they get replaced by other solutions?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- Will SCM products/services become features in other markets?
- Are the vendors in the market ready to manage alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
1. Market Overview
- Market Definitions
- Market Geographical Coverage
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Market Segmentation
2. Forecasts and Trends
- Forecast Assumptions
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Segment
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Country
- Percent Revenue Forecast Discussion by Country
- Demand Analysis by Vertical
- Demand Analysis by Horizontal
- Market Share
- Competitive Environment
3. Growth Opportunities and Call to Action
- Transformation in SCM Industry Ecosystem
- Growth Opportunity 1-Business Email Compromise/ CEO Email Fraud Prevention
- Growth Opportunity 2-Email-MFA Integration/ As-a-service
- Growth Opportunity 3-Phishing Simulator Integration
- Growth Opportunity 4-Web Filtering and Monitoring-as-a-service for Consumer/ Home Market
- Growth Opportunity 5-Web-based Prevention for File-less/ Memory-based Attacks
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
4. The Last Word
- The Last Word-Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology