The South Korean Secure Content Management (SCM) market witnessed a stable growth of 5.1% on a YoY basis in 2016. The email security segment contributed 55.8% to the total SCM market, while the Web security segment contributed 44.2%. The email security segment witnessed a flat growth of 2.8% on a YoY basis, registering $23.3 million. The Web security segment recorded strong growth of 8.1% on a YoY basis, registering $18.4 million in 2016. Many email security vendors have worked closely with network-based advanced malware analysis solution vendors to prevent sophisticated attacks through email. Thus, the interest towards email security solutions and network-based advanced malware analysis solutions has increased. Email security vendors are developing their solutions with machine learning technologies to make the solutions learn and adapt themselves; this helps increase protection efficiency. In addition, vendors are also trying to provide their solutions with cloud services. Local vendor, Kiwontech, is providing SCM Cloud, which integrates email security solutions with anti-fraud solutions. In addition to the market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces for the SCM market. Some key drivers include the continual surge of new advanced threats and attacks through email and Web vectors and better awareness of the threat landscape. The surge of IoT devices and the increasing adoption of mobility in the workforce require organizations to tighten their control of online content to enhance productivity and prevent threats. Strict compliance requirements drive investments in security to prevent litigation and legal liabilities and in turn drive adoption of cybersecurity. Market trends are analyzed for the study period of 2015 to 2021, with the base year as 2016. SCM solutions are the key focus area in this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), service providers, manufacturing, education, and other sectors. Companies mentioned in the SCM market's competitive landscape include Symantec, Cisco (Ironport), Trend Micro, Forcepoint, McAfee, Barracuda, Fortinet, SonicWall, Sophos, Somansa, Jiran Security, Daou Tech (Terrace Tech), Crinity (3Rsoft), Mobigen, Soosan INT (PlusTech), Hauri and other small vendors.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Is the secure content management (SCM) market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- Will SCM solutions continue to exist, or will they get replaced by other solutions?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- Will SCM products/services become features in other markets?
- Are the vendors in the market ready to manage alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
1. Market Overview
- Market Definitions
- Market Geographical Coverage
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- Market Segmentation
2. Forecasts and Trends
- Forecast Assumptions
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion by Segment
- Demand Analysis by Vertical
- Demand Analysis by Horizontal
- Market Share
- Competitive Environment
3. Growth Opportunities and Call to Action
- Transformation in SCM Industry Ecosystem
- Growth Opportunity 1-Business Email Compromise/ CEO Email Fraud Prevention
- Growth Opportunity 2-Email-MFA Integration/ As-a-service
- Growth Opportunity 3-Phishing Simulator Integration
- Growth Opportunity 4-Web Filtering and Monitoring-as-a-service for Consumer/ Home Market
- Growth Opportunity 5-Web-based Prevention for File-less/ Memory-based Attacks
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
4. The Last Word
- The Last Word-Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology