The rise in number of airports attaining saturation will drive the growth of the business intelligence market, comprised of passenger flow, operations flow, and analytics solutions, to grow by $1.31 billion over the next 10 years. With growing demand in air travel resulting in an increase of passenger footprint at airports, operators face challenges to ensure efficient terminal operations and high levels of passenger experience. Airport flow management is the process of managing passenger traffic flow at the airport, enabling seamless throughput and operations within the airport terminal, from curb to curb.
Technology evolution has led to the development of niche solutions that enhance accuracy, reduce false alarms, and increase efficiency. Solutions adopted by airports include sensors operated using low energy bluetooth, existing Wi-Fi infrastructure, or video analytics to identify and track passengers. Mobile applications (APIs) have been developed that engage with passengers by providing relevant information on their mobile devices allowing them to execute control over their journey. Location-based services and indoor wayfinding allow passengers to track their location relative to their intended destination within the terminal and receive guidance, offers, and service information.
This report highlights two segments that are gaining prominence in the passenger flow management market: passenger detection, passenger tracking and queue management & mobility and location-based services. Each segment is studied based on the hardware, software, and services offered. The report also includes a list of suppliers, the products offered, and key case studies. A detailed profiling of suppliers and important supplier contracts and regions where products have been deployed has been listed. In addition to providing an overview of the market, the report analyzes the opportunities for suppliers, the growth potential of the market by means of a nine-year forecast and future development.
Key Questions This Study Answers
1. What are the top trends that drive the passenger management industry?
2. What kind of solutions do airports deploy to overcome operational flow challenges?
3. What kinds of technologies are used to support passenger management?
4. Who are the key suppliers of passenger flow solutions?
5. What is the current market size and how big should suppliers invest in the passenger management market?
6. How does the future look for the market in terms of size and technology?
7. What are the imperative growth insights a supplier has to be aware of in the passenger flow market?
8. What kind of reception does passenger flow management solution have among high capacity airports?
9. What value do airports receive on implementation of passenger flow management solutions?
10. What kind of inorganic activity has been witnessed in the market?
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Key Findings
- Strategic Overview
2. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Market Definitions
- Market Trends
- Adoption of Digital Trends
- Factors that Create Opportunities for Suppliers
- Supplier Competitive Strategies
- Global Demand - Forecast to 2025
3. PASSENGER FLOW MANAGEMENT (PFM)
- Airport Passenger Journey Visualization
- Chain of Participants at Airport Touchpoints
- Airport Key Performance Indicators
- Passenger Requirements and Expectations
- Retaining Customer Attention
4. PASSENGER DETECTION, TRACKING, AND QUEUE MANAGEMENT PLATFORMS
- Hardware Segments
- Technology Segments
- Supplier Competitive Benchmarking for Airports
- Modules Implemented at High-capacity Airports
- Case Study - I: Intelligent Queue Management
- Case Study - II: Passenger Tracking and Behavior Monitoring
5. MOBILITY AND LOCATION-BASED SERVICE PLATFORMS
- Segment Breakdown
- Geo-Positioning Technology
- Supplier Competitive Benchmarking for Airports
- Modules at High Capacity Airports
- Case Study - I: Mobility Initiatives
- Case Study - II: LBS
- Case Study - III: Mobility and LBS
6. SUPPLIER OPPORTUNITIES AND CALL TO ACTION
- Transformation in the PFM Ecosystem - 2017
- Critical Opportunities for Suppliers
- Factors Driving Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Suppliers
- Inorganic Growth
- Future Development
7. THE LAST WORD
- The Last Word
- Legal Disclaimer
8. APPENDIX - COMPETITOR LANDSCAPE AND PROFILES
- Competitor Landscape - SITA
- Competitor Landscape - Rockwell Collins
- Competitor Landscape - Leidos
- Competitor Landscape - Amadeus
- Competitor Landscape - Ikusi
- Competitor Landscape - IBM
- Competitor Landscape - T-Systems International
- Competitor Landscape - Ultra Electronics
- Competitor Landscape - Blip Systems (Gentrack)
- Competitor Landscape - Aislelabs
- Competitor Landscape - Mexia Interactive
- Competitor Landscape - Amorph Systems
- Competitor Landscape - Xovis
- Competitor Landscape - Wavetec
- Competitor Landscape - Bluvision
- Competitor Landscape - Indoo.rs
- Competitor Landscape - Insiteo
- Competitor Landscape - LocusLabs
9. APPENDIX - AIRPORT CONTRACTS
- Airport Contracts
- Amorph Systems
- Blip Systems (Gentrack)
- Mexia Interactive
- Rockwell Collins
- T-Systems International
- Ultra Electronics