The Western Europe hot drinks sector was valued over US$36,000+ million in 2017, making the region the third largest market in the global hot drinks sector. A thriving Western European economy and the subsequent renewed consumer confidence are set to drive growth in hot drinks consumption, allowing the region to remain the third largest market for hot drinks worldwide.
Hot coffee held the largest share, accounting for 75.6% of total value sales in 2017, while hot tea, the second largest market, held a value share of 16.7%. With a projected value CAGR of 4.8%, the other hot drinks category is set to record the fastest growth among all categories during 2017-2022.
Western Europe’s hot drinks sector is fragmented with the top five brands - Nescafé, Nespresso, Lavazza, Jacobs, and Senso - accounting for 18.5% value share in 2017. Private label penetration stood at 19.5% in the region.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for hot drinks in Western Europe with a 54.4% share in 2017, followed by convenience stores with 17.3%. On-trade transactions accounted for 17.5% of overall hot drinks distribution in the same year.
"Opportunities in the Western Europe Hot Drinks Sector", report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's Hot Drinks sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the hot drinks sector in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of hot drinks categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for hot drinks across the key countries in the region, in 2017. It covers these distribution channels - Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers, Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, ‘Dollar Stores’ and Other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (units) of hot drinks.
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
Market size analysis - by region
Growth analysis by region
Growth analysis by country
Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries
Risk and reward analysis - Opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
Growth contribution analysis by country
Share of Hot Coffee and Hot Tea Compared to Iced/RTD Coffee and Iced/RTD Tea
Change in consumption levels by country and hot drinks categories
Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. High potential countries
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
Brand Share Analysis in the hot drinks sector
Leading companies in hot drinks sector
Leading brands in the sector
Private label penetration in the sector
8. Key distribution channels
Leading distribution channels by countries
Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key packaging formats
Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
12. Trend definitions
13. About the Publisher
List of Tables
Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2017-
Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
Countries in the region - Overview
Value share of hot coffee and hot tea as a proportion of overall coffee and tea sector, 2017
Change in consumption by category within hot drinks (value terms), 2017-
Per Capita Consumption in the region by countries, 2017
Per Capita Expenditure in the region by countries, 2017
Leading brands in the sector and categories by value, 2017
Leading companies in the sector by value sales, 2017
Leading Brands (including Private label) in the sector by value, 2017
Private label penetration in the sector
Leading Distribution Channels in the region by countries, 2017
Leading Distribution Channels in the region by category, 2017
List of Figures
Annual value growth analysis by region (2017-2022)
Annual volume growth analysis by region (2017-2022)
Value and volume growth analysis by country (2017-2022)
Value and volume growth analysis by category (2017-2022)
Country level contribution to the growth by category in the region, 2017-
high potential country - Demographic Analysis
Key package material volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by package material (2012-2022)
Key pack type volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by pack type (2012-2022)
Key closure type volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by closure type (2012-2022)
Key primary outer volume (units) share, 2017
Unit volume growth by primary outer type (2012-2022)