Currently, to penetrate further into this fragmented market, AMH manufacturers are increasingly spending on R&D activities to achieve product differentiation and produce highly efficient AMH systems. However, challenges, such as high capital expenditure, reluctance to change, and technical glitches are expected to affect the market’s growth in the near future.
Increasing Manufacturing Activity and Miniaturization of Material Handling Equipment to Drive the Growth
With the increase in the global population and rise in personal incomes, the demand for various products is expected to witness significant growth. Increasing investment in various industries in developing countries, such as China, India, etc. is also expected to contribute significantly to the rise in demand for AMH equipment. Substantial gains in automated equipment demand are expected to influence the manufacturers to shift their preferences toward the products that enhance productivity and are flexible for integration into automated warehouses. Rising efforts among end users to reduce labor costs, particularly in developed markets such as the United States, are expected to impact the growth of the automated material handling industry.
Retail Segment to Lead the Global Automated Material Handling Market
With the increase in the number of stock keeping units (SKUs), the size of the warehouse has increased considerably, making it difficult for warehouse workers to perform their tasks proficiently. To counter this difficulty, warehouse automation has proven to be the perfect choice for retailers and manufacturers. Additionally, many retailers are using automation in both the front and back office to help deliver digital transformation, decrease cost and increase operational efficiencies. Especially, enterprise retailers are in a strong position to test new growth initiatives, implement new technologies, and improve shopper engagement, by employing AMH equipment in their production line.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017 - Zambú Higiene, an organization which manufactures, distributes, and sells more than four thousand industrial hygiene and cleaning products, has hired Mecalux to supply and install the high-density Pallet Shuttle system. The Pallet Shuttle is a semi-automated, high-density storage system where an electric shuttle runs along the rails inside the storage channels, carrying out the loading and unloading of pallets autonomously.
- September 2017 - Grenzebach Maschinenbau GmbH announced that it has agreed to sell VENTECH Systems GmbH, a leader in automated tire inspection technology, to the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Post-acquisition, Grenzebach invested in the further development of the inspection system, which attracted new customers. In close collaboration with Goodyear’s innovation centres in the United States and Luxembourg, the tire inspection system was qualified and tested on customer installations.
- March 2017 - Yamazaki Mazak Corporation, a Japanese machine tool builder, based in Oguchi, and Murata Machinery, Ltd. collaborated in the development of the “MAZATEC SMS (Smart Manufacturing System)”. This collaboration is expected to pool the internal factory material handling technology of Murata Machinery, Ltd. with the advanced horizontal machining centers and multitasking machine tools of Yamazaki Mazak Corporation into one masterpiece technology.
- How the growth in E-Commerce industry act as a driver to the global market scenario?
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which product type is expected to dominate the market?
- Which regions are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- Three months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraint
4.4 Indusrty Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power Of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat Of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat Of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
5. Global Automated Material Handling Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Automated Storage And Retrieval System
18.104.22.168 Fixed Aisle
22.214.171.124.1 Stacker Crane
126.96.36.199.2 Shuttle System
188.8.131.52 Vertical Lift Module
5.1.2 Automated Guided Vehicle
184.108.40.206 Automated Tow/Tugs/Tractor
220.127.116.11 Automated Forklift
18.104.22.168 Unit Load
22.214.171.124 Assembly Line
126.96.36.199 Special Purpose
5.1.5 Sortation System
5.2 By Country
5.2.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206.1 By End User
220.127.116.11.1.1 Food & Beverage
18.104.22.168.1.5 Post & Parcel
22.214.171.124.1.7 General Manufacturing
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
188.8.131.52 South Korea
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
220.127.116.11 South Africa
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Kardex Remster
6.2 Daifuku Co., Ltd.
6.4 Dematic Corp.
6.5 Bastian Solutions, Inc.
6.6 Beumer Group Gmbh & Co. Kg
6.7 Vanderlande Industries
6.8 Fives Group
6.9 Mecalux, S.A.
6.10 Knapp Ag
6.11 Witron Logistik + Informatik Gmbh
6.12 Schaefer Holding International Gmbh
6.13 Tgw Logistics Group Gmbh
7. Future Of Global Automated Material Handling Market
- Kardex Remster
- Daifuku Co. LTD.
- Dematic Corp.
- Bastian Solutions Inc.
- Beumer Group Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Vanderlande Industries
- Fives Group
- Mecalux S.A.
- Knapp AG
- Witron Logistik + Informatik Gmbh
- Schaefer Holding International Gmbh
- TGW Logistics Group Gmbh