By material type, the global automotive sunroof market has been segmented into two segments, namely, glass and fabric. The glass segment is further segmented into pop-up type, built-in type, tilt ‘n slide type, top-mount type, panoramic type, and solar type. Similarly, the fabric segment has been further segmented into two more sub-segments, namely, foldable and removable types. The market for the glass sunroof segment constituted over 70% of the overall sunroof market share. This is further expected to reach over 80% by 2025, owing to the latest innovations in the field of solar sunroofs for electric vehicles and panoramic sunroof segments.
By vehicle type, this market has been segmented into hatchback cars, sedan cars, premium cars, and others. Lately, the automotive vehicle production has been growing rapidly with a substantial increase in the global population and the rise in the number of households that possess a vehicle. The demand for sunroof systems, as an after-sales market, has witnessed a spike in popularity, especially among the younger population in the Asian countries. Furthermore, the trend of preferring a car with a sunroof rose to as high as 34% in 2016, which persuaded various manufacturers to employ sunroofs as a standard or an optional entity.
The global automotive sunroof market has been segmented into five major regions, namely, North America (U.S., Canada, and others), Europe (U.K., France, Germany, Russia, and others), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, and others), South America (Brazil, Argentina, and others), and Africa & the Middle East (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and others). Europe and North America are the major markets in the sector. However, the growing automobile industry in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to drive the market for sunroof systems, with India, China, and Japan emerging as automotive manufacturing hubs and major markets for after-sales car customization in this region.
Key Developments in the Market:
- October 2017: Webasto showcased its full feature spoiler sunroof Hollandia 300 as an aftermarket accessory.
- July 2017: Inalfa Roof Systems launched its new range of top-slider sunroofs for OEM fitment by car manufacturers.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- The report analyses how the increasing demand for premium vehicles will drive the global automotive sunroof market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the product type that is expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Increasing Demand for Premium Vehicles
5.1.2 Developments in Glass Technology
5.2.1 Low Penetration in Entry Level Vehicles
5.2.2 Safety Concerns
5.3.1 Growing Demand for Panoramic Sunroof
5.3.2 Increasing Demand of Solar Sunroof in Electric Vehicles
6. Automotive Sunroof Market, Segmentation by Material Type
7. Automotive Sunroof Market, Segmentation by Type
7.2 Tilt & Slide
7.3 Top Mount
8. Automotive Sunroof Market, Segmentation by Vehicle Type
8.3 Sport Utility Vehicles (SUV)
8.4 Premium Cars
9. Automotive Sunroof Market, Segmentation by Geography
9.1 North America
9.1.1 United States
9.2 South America
9.4.1 United Kingdom
9.5 Africa and Middle East
9.5.2 South Africa
9.5.3 Saudi Arabia
10. Competitive Landscape
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Developments of Key Players
11. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
11.1 Webasto Roof Systems
11.2 ACS France SAS
11.3 Inteva Products
11.4 Inalfa Roof Systems
11.5 Aisin World
11.6 Yachiyo Industry
11.7 Johnan America
11.8 Signature Automotive
11.9 Magna International
11.10 Mitsuba Corporation
12. Future Outlook of the Market