Growing Demand for Grains, Oil, and Vegetables
Grains represent the biggest portion of daily calorie intake in developing countries of the Middle East & Africa, Asia/Oceania, and CIS, and therefore, the demand for grains is going to be one of the most important drivers of the market studied. According to the USDA’s baseline projections, the developing countries’ share of the projected growth includes 83% for grains and oilseeds. Furthermore, the developing countries' demand for agricultural products is expected to increase faster than their production. As a result, these countries may account for 92% of the increase in total grains and oilseeds import.
Rapid Adoption of Biotech Crops
Biotech crops are considered to be the fastest adopted crop technology in the history of modern agriculture. Thus, GM seeds have a high potential for growth during the forecast period. In 2016, around 26 countries grew 185.1 million hectare of biotech crops, registering an increase of 3% (5.4 million hectare), from 179.7 million hectare in 2015. GM seeds with stacked traits have gained prominence over the recent years, and have increased from 58.5 million hectare in 2015 to 75.4 million hectare in 2016, a 29% increase, equivalent to 16.9 million hectare.
North America to Dominate the Market Growth
North America seed industry dominated the global seeds market, with a share of around 35%. The United States and Canada dominate the market share for the seed market in the region. Asia-Pacific has been identified as a region, which is yet to reach its maximum potential in the global seed domain. The Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market, recording a CAGR of around 8.2% during 2018 - 2023.
Key Developments in the Market
- Dow Chemical and DuPont entered into a merger transaction at the end of 2016.
- September 2017: China National Chemical Corp. purchased Swiss chemical and seeds company, Syngenta, for USD 43 billion.
- September 2016: Bayer has recently purchased Monsanto for USD 66 billion. If the deal is successfully closed, the merger will result in world’s largest seed and Agriculture Company.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To understand the growth trends and forecast for 2018 - 2023 in the global seed market. The information is crucial to understand the market’s functionalities and the changes which are possible to follow.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Major developments in the market are identified in the study, which helps the clients to understand the nature and scope of this market from a macro perspective.
- The information regarding market overview, especially in terms of maturity provided in the study, is essential toward developing apt growth strategies suitable for the region considered in the study.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Companies & Countries of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope and Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Drivers & Restraints
18.104.22.168 Growing demand for Grains, Oils & Vegetables
22.214.171.124 Increasing Usage of Biofuels
126.96.36.199 Increasing Demand for Animal Feed
188.8.131.52 Rapid Adoption of Biotech Crops
184.108.40.206 Decreasing Per Capita Farmland
220.127.116.11 Long GM Approval Timelines and Government Regulations
18.104.22.168 Rising Concerns over GM Seeds
22.214.171.124 Years Involved in Development of New Traits
4. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.1 Bargaining Power of Supplier
4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Non-GM/Hybrid Seeds
5.1.2 GM Seeds
126.96.36.199 Herbicide Tolerant
188.8.131.52 Insect Resistant
184.108.40.206 Abiotic Stress Resistant
220.127.116.11 Other Stacked Traits
18.104.22.168 Varietal Seeds
5.2 By Crop
5.2.1 Grains & Cereals
22.214.171.124 Maize (Corn)
5.2.3 Vegetables Seeds
126.96.36.199 Roots & Bulbs
5.2.4 Other Seeds
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 The United States
184.108.40.206 The United Kingdom
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Adopted Strategies
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Groupe Limagrain
7.4 Dupont (Pioneer)
7.5 Land O'Lakes
7.6 KWS AG
7.7 Bayer CropScience
7.8 Sakata Seed
7.9 Takii Seed
8. Market Outlook