Accelerating Growth for Architectural Coatings
Architectural, automotive, industrial, and wood, are some of the major end-user industries included in the report. The global paints and coatings market is dominated by architectural coatings (both in terms of revenue and volume). The global residential sector is growing consistently, owing to the recovering construction industry in Europe and increasing investments by the Indian and Chinese governments. This in turn, is boosting the demand for architectural coatings. Automotive OEM coatings is expected to register the fastest CAGR through the forecast period.
Rising Automotive Production in Asia-Pacific
China, India, Philippines, and Vietnam are turning out to be potential markets for the demand and supply of automobiles, with many automotive manufacturers planning their manufacturing and assembly plants in these countries. This can be attributed to the availability of cheap labor, low raw material prices, and rising urban population in the region. Major car manufacturers, such as Chevrolet, Daimler, Jeep, Audi, Volvo, and Kia have either set up their automotive manufacturing facilities, or are planning to start new facilities in Asia-Pacific in the near future. This in turn, is expected to increase the usage of coatings in the automotive industry to a major extent in the region.
Asia-Pacific expected to Dominate the Market Growth
Asia-Pacific had the largest share in the market, accounting for more than 40% of the global market in 2017. Rapidly growing construction industry, primarily in China and India, is a major factor driving the demand for paints and coatings in the region. North America is expected to register a significant growth rate, primarily due to the rise in residential houses sales, coupled with renovation of the existing houses, which is expected to boost the demand for residential construction.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017: AkzoNobel announced plans to separate its specialty chemicals business from paints and coatings and sell it to an affiliate of the AkzoNobel Group for INR 320 crore
- October 2017: Axalta introduced waterborne coatings to its growing portfolio of industrial Tufcote offerings
- June 2017: Sherwin Williams completed the acquisition of Valspar, a global leader in paints and coatings industry
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To examine the recent increase in raw material prices that is expected to affect the global paints and coatings market
- Analyze various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To read the analysis on the largest product type and application
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Regulatory Policy Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Increasing housing construction activities in emerging economies
4.1.2 Automotive Production Rise in Asia-Pacific and Europe
4.1.3 Increase in Furniture Production
4.2.1 Rising Environmental Concerns and Regulations in China
4.2.2 Rise in Prices of Raw Materials
4.2.3 Decline in Oil Prices in Major Economies
4.3.1 Growing Investments in Infrastructure & Construction Industry in Emerging Economies
4.3.2 Revival of Construction Industry in countries like Germany, France, United Kingdom, Spain, and Sweden
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
5.1 By Resin
5.1.1 Architectural Coating Resins
126.96.36.199 Vinyl Acrylate
188.8.131.52 Pure Acrylics
184.108.40.206 Styrene Acrylics
220.127.116.11 Acrylic Based
18.104.22.168 Epoxy Based
22.214.171.124 Vinyl Ester
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.4 Protective Coatings Market
5.2.5 General Industrial
5.3 By Technology
5.3.3 Powder Coatings
5.3.4 UV Cured Coatings
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.1 North America
6.1.1 United States
6.1.4 Rest of North America
6.2.2 United Kingdom
6.2.7 Rest of Europe
6.3.4 South Korea
6.3.5 ASEAN Countries
6.3.6 Australia & New Zealand
6.3.7 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle-East and Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of South America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
8.1 AkzoNobel N.V.
8.2 Axalta Coating Systems Ltd, LLC
8.3 BASF SE
8.4 Beckers Group
8.5 Berger Paints India Ltd.
8.6 Brillux GmbH & Co. KG
8.9 DAW SE
8.10 Fujikura Kasai
8.12 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
8.15 Kansai Paints Co. Ltd.
8.16 KCC PAINTS Sdn Bhd
8.17 Mankiewicz Hamburg
8.18 Masco Corporation
8.19 Materis Paints (Cromology)
8.20 National Paints Factories Co. Ltd.
8.21 PPG Industries, Inc.
8.22 Ring International Holding AG
8.23 RPM International Inc.
8.25 ShawCor Ltd.
8.27 Sto Ltd
8.29 Tknos Group
8.30 The Sherwin-Williams Company
8.31 TIGER Coatings GmbH & Co. KG
8.32 Tikkurila Oyj
*List is not exhaustive
**subject to feasibility and availability on public domain
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Axalta Coating Systems Ltd LLC
- BASF SE
- Beckers Group
- Berger Paints India Ltd.
- Brillux GmbH & Co. KG
- DAW SE
- Fujikura Kasai
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Kansai Paints Co. Ltd.
- KCC PAINTS Sdn Bhd
- Mankiewicz Hamburg
- Masco Corporation
- Materis Paints (Cromology)
- National Paints Factories Co. Ltd.
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Ring International Holding AG
- RPM International Inc.
- ShawCor Ltd.
- Sto Ltd
- Tknos Group
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- TIGER Coatings GmbH & Co. KG
- Tikkurila Oyj