Increased use of biotechnology
The increased cost of feed ingredients requires improved feed utilization. Biotechnology R&D has been the most feasible way to improve the feed nutrient content. There is a significant usage of biotechnology in animal production, especially for animal nutrition. The advancement of biotechnology has permitted the use of non-toxic fungi, to improve fibrous feeds like that of straw or poor quality roughages, therefore, a wide variety of feed additives are known to modify rumen fermentation. They include components that help to reduce methanogens, enhance propionic acid production, reduce protein degradation, improve microbial protein synthesis and inhibit protozoa. Among such additives, the commonly used supplements are antibiotics, microbes, and specific substrates like that of oligosaccharides. Also, effective enzyme preparations are produced in large quantities at a more practical cost rates.
Poultry feed to dominate the market
Poultry meat production is expected to register a CAGR around 7% during the forecast period. The major reason for the surge in demand and consumption of poultry meat is the increased consumption of processed poultry in the GCC countries. It is identified that the poultry feed market had the largest market share of 68.3% in 2016, due to high slaughter headcount resulting from increasing preference towards poultry across all parts of the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2017: Trouw Nutrition launches fortified Sprayfo formula with health support package.
- January 2018: Agthia Group has launched AL AIN VITAMIN D, the world’s only Vitamin D water, at the International Water Summit.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
1. The report analyses how the soaring costs of the poultry feed and the high mortality rates in Saudi poultry farms will impact the GCC compound feed market.
2. Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
3. Study on the ingredient, supplement, animal types that are expected to dominate the market.
4. Study on countries that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
5. Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
6. 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Increasing Disposable Incomes And Meat Consumption
5.1.2. Demand For High-Value Animal Protein
5.1.3. Quality Of The Dairy And Meat Products Produced
5.2.1. Dependency On Imports
5.2.2. Increase In Demand For Feed Additives As Alternatives To Antibiotics
6. GCC Compound Feed Market, Segmented By Animal Type
7. GCC Compound Feed Market, Segmented By Ingredients
7.2. Fish Meal And Fish Oil
8. GCC Compound Feed Market, Segmented By Supplements
8.4. Amino Acids
8.5. Feed Enzymes
8.6. Feed Acidifiers
9. GCC Compound Feed Market, Segmented By Geography
9.2. Saudi Arabia
10. Competitive Landscape
10.2. Market Share Analysis
10.3. Key Players And Developments
11. Company Profiles
11.2. Trouw Nutrition
11.4. Fujairah Feed Factory
11.6. Ghurair Foods
11.9. Al-Sayer Group
11.11. Delmon Poultry Company
11.12. Oman Flour Mills Company
11.13. Omani National Livestock Development Co
12. Future Outlook of the Market