Czech Republic’s telecom and pay-TV services revenue will grow from an estimated Kc81.3bn ($3.3bn) in 2017 to Kc90.9bn ($4.1bn) by 2022. In local currency, this reflects a CAGR of more than 2% over 2017-2022. While mobile voice will represent over 32% of total market revenue in 2017, its share will fall to around 28% in 2022 given the growing preference for OTT-based communications in line with 4G service expansion and a reduction in voice tariffs.
Mobile data will grow at the fastest CAGR of more than 12% in local currency (around 15% in US$). This growth is due to growing adoption of 4G services, the prices of which still remain high as the top three MNOs currently operating in the market continue to dictate high mobile data prices in absence of strong competition.
Fixed broadband revenue will grow at a CAGR of around 1.5% in Kc (nearly 4% in US$) during the forecast period, driven by robust growth projected in FTTx subscriptions over the forecast period led by the government’s push for fiber broadband expansion in the nation.Pay-TV revenue will grow from around Kc7.7bn ($318m) in 2017 to about Kc8.9bn ($402.6m) in 2022 led by a steady rise in DTH subscriptions and projected growth in IPTV subscriptions moving forward.
The report "Czech Republic: Country Intelligence Report", provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Czech Republic today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Furthermore, it provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Specifically, this report enables the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Czech Republic.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in the Czech Republic will grow at a CAGR of 2.3% in Kc (4.3%) during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 63.5% of the total service revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and expected launch of 5G in 2021.
- T-Mobile leads the country’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Vodafone and O2.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Czech Republic’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Czech Republic’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Czech Republic’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Czech Republic.
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
O2 Czech Republic
T-Mobile Czech Republic
Vodafone Czech Republic
Baseline forecast assumptions
About the authors
Country Intelligence Report coverage