"Czech Republic: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Czech Republic today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Czech Republic over 2018-2023 will be driven by mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. However, the mobile data segment will take the lead from 2022 onward, to account for 32.5% of total revenue by 2023, mainly driven by rising data-driven subscriptions and growing adoption of 4G services at higher ARPUs. Going forward, mobile operators will focus on offering data-centric services and LTE network expansions, and prepare for 5G network rollout. Broadband segment will witness increased investments in fiber network expansions, while the fixed wireless segment will witness a steady growth over the same period led by MNOs' focus on offering fixed broadband services over high-capacity LTE networks.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Czech Republic.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Czech Republic will grow at a CAGR of 1.7% (3.0% in $) during 2018-2023.
- Mobile services revenue will account for 62.7% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services and projected growth in 5G subscriptions.
- 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology by 2023, driven by LTE coverage expansions from operators. We expect 5G to be commercially available in 2021.
- The three major mobile operators, T-Mobile Czech Republic, O2 Czech Republic and Vodafone Czech Republic, accounted for 86.5% of overall mobile subscriptions in 2018.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Czech Republic’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying the author's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Czech Republic’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Czech Republic’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Czech Republic.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- O2 Czech Republic
- Vodafone Czech Republic
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- About the authors
- Country Intelligence Report coverage