"Tanzania: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tanzania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Tanzania’s telecom services market will grow from an estimated $1.3bn in 2017 to $1.6bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 3.8% over 2017-2022, driven by projected growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017 but the share will decline going forward. However, fixed broadband revenue will be the fastest-growing segment, expanding at a CAGR of 14.5% driven by growth in DSL and FTTx subscriptions. Mobile data will be the second fastest-growing segment with a 9.4% CAGR over the forecast period and is positively affected by rising smartphone adoption and 3G/4G network expansions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Tanzania.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Tanzania will grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2017-2022.
- Mobile revenue will account for 81.5% of total telecom service revenue in 2022, driven by projected growth in 3G and 4G services.
- Vodacom will dominate with one-third share of total mobile subscriptions in Tanzania in 2017, followed by Airtel and Tigo. All operators compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades to strengthen their market position.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Tanzania’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Tanzania’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Tanzania’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Tanzania.
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
About the authors
Country Intelligence Report coverage