- Drawing from scholarship and practice, this sourcebook weaves theory with the authors’ experiences by showcasing real–life examples of collaborative leadership in a variety of contexts including community, healthcare, secondary, and post–secondary education.
- It also provides a range of creative strategies such as playbuilding, coaching, fostering global partnerships, and ensemble leadership as well as indigenous and feminist perspectives on leadership.
This sourcebook will support adult educators seeking to promote learning through more collaborative approaches to leadership and engagement in a variety of settings. Readers will benefit by deepening their understanding of how leadership is not only enacted among individuals, but how it is also expressed in collective ways of thinking, doing, being, knowing, and learning.
This is the 156th volume of the Jossey Bass series New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education. Noted for its depth of coverage, it explores issues of common interest to instructors, administrators, counselors, and policymakers in a broad range of education settings, such as colleges and universities, extension programs, businesses, libraries, and museums.
EDITORS NOTES 5
Catherine Etmanski, Kathy Bishop, M. Beth Page
1. The Tse Tsa Watle Speaker Series: An Example of Ensemble Leadership and Generative Adult Learning 9
2. Gendering Collaboration: Adult Education in Feminist Leadership 21
Darlene E. Clover, Catherine Etmanski, Rachel Reimer
3. A Journey into Collaborative Leadership: Moving Toward Innovation and Adaptability 33
Ken Otter, Doug Paxton
4. Next–Generation Leadership 43
Bryan Webber, Jenna Forster
5. Learning in Global Collaborations for Impact and Innovation 53
6. Fostering Collaborative Leadership Through Playbuilding 65
Kathy Bishop, Will Weigler, Tracey Lloyd, David Beare
7. Cocreating Collaborative Leadership Learning Environments: Using Adult Learning Principles and a Coach Approach 77
M. Beth Page, Rhonda L. Margolis
8. Understanding Collaborative Leadership in Theory and Practice 89
Randee Lipson Lawrence