Cambridge is one of the key university cities in the UK. The university has pivotal role in the city’s economy and the city also has a considerable economic and financial influence, accounting for around 1.0% of national GDP. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile - Cambridge” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Cambridge. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy and the major employer.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with strong performance in residential housing market over last five years.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Cambridge city - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Cambridge city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Cambridge city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Cambridge city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Cambridge city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Cambridge city - main universities, 2016
Table 7: Cambridge city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Cambridge city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Cambridge city - London Stansted airport passenger traffic
Table 10: Cambridge city - office rents, 2016
Table 11: Cambridge city - international visitors by country of residence (1,000 persons)
Table 12: Cambridge city - tourist spending (US$ million)
Table 13: Cambridge city - international visitors by purpose (1,000 persons)
Table 14: Cambridge city - tourism establishments, 2016
Table 15: Cambridge city - hotel indicators
Table 16: Cambridge city - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Cambridge city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Cambridge city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Cambridge city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Cambridge city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Cambridge city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Cambridge city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)