Doha, the capital of Qatar, is the largest city in Qatar with 43.4% of the nation’s population living in the city. The total area of the city is 243km2, representing 2.1% of the country’s total area. The city’s nominal GDP accounted for 49.1% of the national GDP. During 2017-25, the city’s growth will be driven by manufacturing, mining, rise in hydrocarbon production and construction industries.
“City Profile - Doha” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Doha. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The secondary sector remains the key contributor to the city’s economy - and the major employer.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Doha city - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Doha city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Doha city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Doha city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Doha city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Doha city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 7: Doha city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 8: Doha city - key airport indicators, 2015-16
Table 9: Doha city - office rents, Q1 2017
Table 10: Doha city - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Doha city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Doha city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Doha city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Doha city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Doha city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Doha city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)