City Profile - Hong Kong; Comprehensive overview of the city, PEST analysis and analysis of key industries including technology, tourism and hospitality, construction and retail.
Hong Kong is an autonomous Special Administrative Region (SAR) of the People's Republic of China. Hong Kong being one of the main business hubs of Asia, acts as accelerator for the economic growth. Also Asia gradually emerging as the lead generator of global growth, boosted significance of Hong Kong as main trading hub for propelling the economic growth of Hong Kong SAR.
“City Profile - Hong Kong” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Hong Kong. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy and the major employer.
- Hong Kong is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in the past five years. Hong Kong is experiencing persistent increase in terms of retail sales since 2006.
Reasons to buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the Analyst
About the Author
List Of Tables
Table 1: Hong Kong - key facts (estimates), 2018
Table 2: Hong Kong - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Hong Kong - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Hong Kong - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Hong Kong - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Hong Kong - main universities, 2019
Table 7: Hong Kong - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Hong Kong - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Hong Kong - mass transit network indicators, 2017
Table 10: Hong Kong - Hong Kong International Airport, key airport indicators, 2015-18*
Table 11: Hong Kong - prime office rent, Q3 2018
Table 12: Hong Kong - tourist arrival , 2016-18*
Table 13: Hong Kong - international guest arrivals by country of residence, 2016-18*
Table 14: Hong Kong - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Hong Kong - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Hong Kong - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Hong Kong - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Hong Kong - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Hong Kong - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Hong Kong - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)