Cairo city is one of the 29 governorates of Egypt whose capital city is Cairo. - Cairo city is the economic centre of Egypt, accounting for 11% of the country’s GDP in 2016.
“City Profile - Cairo” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Cairo. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Growth is driven by many sectors, including transportation, real estate, mining, IT, tourism, industry, infrastructure, retail, construction, finance and others.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Cairo city - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Cairo city- real GDP growth, 2000-2025
Table 3: Cairo city- economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Cairo city- GDP per capita comparison (2000-2025) (US$)
Table 5: Cairo city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Cairo city - main universities, 2017
Table 7: Cairo city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Cairo city - population by age (2000-2025) (%)
Table 9: Cairo city- Mass Transit Network Indicators, 2016
Table 10: Cairo city - key airport indicators
Table 11: Cairo city - office rents, Q1 2017
Table 12: Cairo city - top five international arrivals and spendings, 2016
Table 13: Cairo city - international overnight visitors and overall spending
Table 14: Cairo city - hotel indicators
Table 15: Cairo city- UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Table 16: Cairo - MICE and Other Events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Cairo city- real GDP growth, 2000-2025
Figure 2: Cairo city- economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Cairo city- GDP per capita comparison (2000-2025)
Figure 4: Cairo city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Cairo city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Cairo city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)