Jakarta is one of the 34 provinces in Indonesia and its capital. The province is known as the Special Capital Region of Indonesia (DKI Jakarta or Daerah Khusus Ibu Kota. The nominal GDP of Jakarta accounts for 17.6% of Indonesia. Improvements in professional / business services and real estate are expected to be major drivers of growth.
“City Profile -Jakarta” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Jakarta. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Jakarta is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth in recent past. Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing employment, number of building permits issued and building completions..
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Ask the analyst
About the Publisher
List of Tables
Table 1: Jakarta city - key facts (estimates), 2016
Table 2: Jakarta city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Jakarta city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Jakarta city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Jakarta city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6 Jakarta city - main universities, 2017
Table 7: Jakarta city - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 8: Jakarta city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 9: Jakarta city - mass transit network indicators, 2017
Table 10: Jakarta city - key airport indicators
Table 11: Jakarta city - Fortune Global 500 companies with main headquarters in the city
Table 12: Jakarta city - office rents, Q1 2017
Table 13: Jakarta city - international arrivals by country of residence (July-December), 2016
Table 14: Jakarta city - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Jakarta city - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Jakarta city - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Jakarta city - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Jakarta city - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Jakarta city - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Jakarta city - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)