Abu Dhabi emirate is the most populous emirate in the UAE and has a strong economic development driven by strong growth in travel and tourism, trade, transport and logistics, and manufacturing sectors. The emirate has the highest nominal GDP per capita in the UAE surpassing Dubai emirate.
“City Profile - Abu Dhabi” provides historical and forecast data on key city level metrics along with analytical coverage of the latest political, economic, social, technological, infrastructural, legal and environmental issues affecting Abu Dhabi. The report contains detailed tourism, retail, construction, technology and public infrastructure data and insight into economic, social, and industry trends.
- The service sector remains the key contributor to the regional economy - and the major employer.
- Abu Dhabi is a key tourist destination for both domestic and international tourists and experienced healthy growth over the last two years.
- Strong performance is observed in the construction sector with increasing number of building completions.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of future economic and demographic trends and understand the performance of various sectors within the city.
- Analyze and understand the business environment in the city to align your investment and expansion strategies.
- The report helps to drive a conclusion in choosing a suitable city to invest or expand according to your business structure.
- Explore new opportunities in the hospitality, tourism, construction, real estate and retail sectors.
Technology and Infrastructure
Internal Transport Networks
Business Environment Analysis
Travel and Tourism
Construction and Real Estate
Real Estate Market
Consumption, Income and Prices
Further ReadingAsk the analyst
About the Author
List of Tables
Table 1: Abu Dhabi emirate - key facts (estimates), 2017
Table 2: Abu Dhabi emirate - real GDP growth, 2000-25
Table 3: Abu Dhabi emirate - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Table 4: Abu Dhabi emirate - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25 (US$)
Table 5: Abu Dhabi emirate - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 6: Abu Dhabi emirate - population comparison, 2000-25 (million)
Table 7: Abu Dhabi emirate - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)
Table 8: Abu Dhabi emirate - mass transit network indicators
Table 9: Abu Dhabi International Airport - key airport indicators
Table 10: Abu Dhabi emirate - office rents, Q1 2018
Table 11: Abu Dhabi emirate - key tourism indicators
Table 12: Abu Dhabi emirate - foreign tourists arrival by country of residence ‘000 (2016-18*)
Table 13: Abu Dhabi emirate - key hotel indicators
Table 14: Abu Dhabi emirate - key hotel indicators as on (Jan-May), 2018
Table 15: Abu Dhabi emirate - MICE and other events
List of Figures
Figure 1: Abu Dhabi emirate - real GDP and real GDP growth, 2000-25
Figure 2: Abu Dhabi emirate - economic growth comparison, (Index 2010=100), 2000-25
Figure 3: Abu Dhabi emirate - GDP per capita comparison, 2000-25
Figure 4: Abu Dhabi emirate - employment structure, 2000-25 (% of total)
Figure 5: Abu Dhabi emirate - population comparison, 2000-25
Figure 6: Abu Dhabi emirate - population by age, 2000-25 (% of total)