This executive brief is one of a series that gives a summary of all the latest developments and industry updates from 2017. It includes major OTT platforms, new entrants, latest features unveiled, service expansion, partnerships and collaborations between content owners, producers, telecom operators, smartphone OEMs, distributors, OTT platforms, etc. The market leaders and a detailed account of the movers and shakers are analysed to give an overview of the ecosystem and its stakeholders. Investor pulse is encapsulated with the major funding and M&A rounds that have consolidated in the market.
The OTT video market is still evolving in terms of content and business models, with new entrants and regional incumbents experimenting with their services.Although the population and demographic in the MENA region are highly attractive as a market for on-demand TV, the volatility and political shakeups have dampened activity in the quarter. Internet penetration, supplemented by explosion of smartphones, is paving the way for a paradigm shift in the way MENA watches television. This growth is augmented by government initiatives on Internet proliferation and large-scale digital transformation. The prevalence of multiple OTT platforms offering varied content for target audiences, including local Arabs, global expats and other South Asian communities, presents a hot market for many competitors.
There is a vast opportunity for regional participants to create and serve the local audiences with exclusive, new-age content in order to compete with international standards of entertainment. In addition, there is a dearth of international content on TV, with limited access to English, South Asian and other content. Global players and regional operators can tap into this underserved segment and develop services to cater to this audience.
Key Issues Addressed
- Who are the key OTT video companies and latest entrants in MENA?
- What are the growth opportunities and new services expected?
- What is the level of investment that is being pumped into this market?
- What are the key trends to watch out for next few quarters?
- What collaborations and partnerships are being formed among the stakeholders?
1. Executive Summary
- Executive Brief on OTT Video, MENA
- OTT Video Market Ecosystem
- Key Market Highlights, April-September 2017
2. Market Growth and Investment Trends
- Go-to Market Strategy - Funding and Investments
- Go-to Market Strategy - Value-add Features
- Go-to Market Strategy - Content Partnerships and Alliances
- Go-to Market Strategy - Telco and OEM Partnerships
3. Market Scenario
- New Entrants - Wavo
- New Entrants - Z5 Weyyak
- Content Strategy
- Related News
4. Last Word
- Trends to Watch Out for Over the Next Few Quarters
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits