Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 26% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (18.6%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (15.1%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 4.8%, 3.6% and 5%, respectively in 2018.
As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Poland improved over the last two years with a rise in the rank from 33rd in 2016 to 28th out of 160 countries in 2018.
- Four major regions in Poland generated around 52.8% to the country’s GDP and comprised 42.6% of the country’s population, as in 2016
- Europe continues to be the leading investor in Poland with US$8.3 bn net FDI in 2017.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Poland’s Performance in the Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to East Europe and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Warsaw Stock Market Index (WIG)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflow (2013-2017) and FDI by type of investment (2017)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Regions (2017) and FDI by Country (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2017
Exhibit 14: Nuclear Reactors, Boilers, and Machinery % of World Total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Poland 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions