Nanocomposites based on layered double hydroxides (LDHs) have recently become a formidable research area due to their amendable properties and potential applications. The distinct properties of LDH polymer nanocomposites include a wide range of chemical compositions, structural homogeneity, unique anion exchanging ability, easy synthesis, high bound water content, memory effect, non-toxicity and biocompatibility. This means that LDH polymer nanocomposites have the potential for new and innovative applications.
Layered Double Hydroxide Polymer Nanocomposites presents a comprehensive overview of the recent innovative advances in the fabrication, characterization and applications of LDH polymer nanocomposites. As well as covering fundamental structural and chemical knowledge, this book also explores various properties and characterization techniques including microscopic, spectroscopic and mechanical behaviors. There is also a strong focus on the potential applications of LDH polymer nanocomposites, such as energy, electrical and electronic, electromagnetic shielding, biomedical, agricultural, food packaging and water purification functions.
This book provides comprehensive coverage of cutting-edge research in the field of LDH polymer nanocomposites and their future applications. This book will be an essential read for all academics, researchers, engineers and students working in this area.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Layered double hydroxides: fundamentals to applications Saju Daniel and Sabu Thomas
2. FTIR characterization of layered double hydroxides and modified layered double hydroxides Meisam Shabanian, Mohsen Hajibeygi and Ahmad Raeisi
3. Fabrication technologies of layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites Shadpour Mallakpour and Farbod Tabesh
4. Microscopic characterization techniques for layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites Shadpour Mallakpour and Shima Rashidimoghadam
5. X-ray diffraction analysis of layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites Rodrigo Botan and Sabrina de Bona Sartor
6. Spectroscopic characterization techniques for layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites Shadpour Mallakpour and Faezeh Azimi
7. Melt rheological properties of layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites Appukuttan Saritha and Kuruvilla Joseph
8. Thermal properties and flame-retardant characteristics of layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites Yanshan Gao, Lei Qiu, Dermot O'Hare and Qiang Wang
9. Mechancial and dynamical mechanical properties of layered double hydroxide-filled elastomer and elastomeric blend nanocomposites Suneel Kumar Srivastava
10. Layered double hydroxide nanocomposites based on carbon nanoforms Gonzalo Abella´n, Jose A. Carrasco and Eugenio Coronado
11. Recent advances in layered double hydroxide/polymer latex nanocomposites: from assembly to in situ formation V. Prevot and E. Bourgeat-Lami
12. Fabrication, assembly, and optoelectric properties of layered double hydroxide/conjugated polymer nanocomposites Yaping Huang, Harrone Muhammad Sohail and Jun Lu
13. Polymer layered double hydroxide hybrid nanocomposites Shadpour Mallakpour and Elham Khadem
14. Electrical and electronic applications of layered double-hydroxide polymer nanocomposites Shadpour Mallakpour and Forough Motirasoul
15. Applications of layered double hydroxide biopolymer nanocomposites Shadpour Mallakpour and Leila khodadadzadeh
16. Layered double hydroxide based nanocomposites for biomedical applications Raji Vijayamma, Nandakumar Kalarikkal and Sabu Thomas
17. Layered double hydroxide nanocomposites for agricultural applications Lui´z Paulo Figueredo Beni´cio, Frederico Garcia Pinto and Jairo Tronto
18. Layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites for food-packaging applications Giuliana Gorrasi and Andrea Sorrentino
19. Layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites for water purification Shadpour Mallakpour and Vajiheh Behranvand
20. Layered double hydroxide polymer nanocomposites for catalysis Shadpour Mallakpour and Hashem Tabebordbar
Sabu Thomas is Vice Chancellor and Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is the author or co-author of over 1000 papers that have been cited over 47,000 times, holds 3 patents, has supervised over 100 PhDs, and has authored or edited over 100 books. His research interests include polymer blends, fiber-filled polymer composites, particulate filled polymer composites, ageing and degradation, and more.
Saju Daniel Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
Saju Daniel is a senior research fellow of International and InterUniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. She is also an Asst. Professor at St Xavier's College Vaikom which is affiliated to M G University, Kottayam