Plant Flow Measurement and Control Handbook is a comprehensive reference source for practicing engineers in the field of instrumentation and controls. It covers many practical topics, such as installation, maintenance and potential issues, giving an overview of available techniques, along with recommendations for application. In addition, it covers available flow sensors, such as automation and control. The author brings his 35 years of experience in working in instrumentation and control within the industry to this title with a focus on fluid flow measurement, its importance in plant design and the appropriate control of processes.
The book provides a good balance between practical issues and theory and is fully supported with industry case studies and a high level of illustrations to assist learning. It is unique in its coverage of multiphase flow, solid flow, process connection to the plant, flow computation and control. Readers will not only further understand design, but they will also further comprehend integration tactics that can be applied to the plant through a step-by-step design process that goes from installation to operation.
- Provides specification sheets, engineering drawings, calibration procedures and installation practices for each type of measurement
- Presents the correct flow meter that is suitable for a particular application
- Includes a selection table and step-by-step guide to help users make the best decision
- Cover examples and applications from engineering practice that will aid in understanding and application
1. Flow Metering General Discussions: Principles, Types, Selection and Calibration 2. Head Type and Variable Area Flow Metering 3. Open Channel Flow Measurement 4. Positive Displacement Type Flow Metering 5. Velocity and Force Type Flow Meters 6. Mass Flow Meter 7. Slurry Flow Measurement 8. Solid Flow Measurement 9. Multiphase Flow Measurement 10. Special Flow Meters, Flow Gages and Switches 11. Flow Conditioning, Computation and control 12. Flow in Plant Applications
Appendix I. Unit conversions and flow regimes II. Material Selection Guide III. Mechanical and piping data IV. Custody transfer V. Safety life cycle discussion VI. Enclosure electrical protection VII. Device Communication
Swapan Basu is a member of IEEE and IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement. He has several decades of experience in practicing instrumentation & control systems for subcritical, super critical thermal power plants including combined cycle projects. Since 1979, he has been leading teams of engineers in India, Jordan, Singapore, South Korea, Syria, and USA. He has a number of national and international technical papers to his credit. With Elsevier BV had already authored books entitled "Power Plant instrumentation and control Handbook, "Plant Hazard Analysis and Safety Instrumentation Systems and "Plant Flow Metering and control handbook. Author also maintains technical Blog: http://swapanbasu.com. Author's update is available at: https://www.amazon.com/author/swapanbasu . He is founder member of Systems & Controls - C&I consultants in Kolkata India.