Services contributed 55.64% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (34.86%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow by 10.1% and 9.4%, respectively, in 2018.
UAE is expected to spend US$300 bn on development of infrastructure by 2030.
- The Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah are among the best performing regions in the UAE. They contribute 91.8% to the GDP and comprise 76.7% of the UAE’s population, as of 2017
- The UK remained the major investor in the UAE, in 2016, with a growth of 25.86% in investments from 2015. During the same period, investments from China and Qatar to the UAE increased by 33.41% and 22.62%, respectively.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: UAE’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Middle East & North Africa and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Abu Dhabi Securities Market (ADX) General Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: Total FDI (2013-2017), FDI by Sector (2016), and Leading FDI by Industry (2016)
Exhibit 7: Countries Investment Share in UAE (2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison, 2017
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2013-2017
Exhibit 14: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of their Distillation: Bituminous Substances: Mineral Waxes, % Share in World’s Total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Distribution of Employed Persons by Economic Activities, 2017
Exhibit 21: Distribution of Labor Force by Emirate, 2016
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share in Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports), 2016
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in United Arab Emirates 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions