The European Over-the-top (OTT) video executive brief captures the key market highlights of the OTT video services market in Europe over the last quarter, based on the industry tracker. It gives an insight into the market scenario and growth prospects for key market participants and new entrants and the impact of triple-play and quad-play providers in bringing about a drastic change in the way video is consumed. The study consolidates a competitive analysis of key market stakeholders in the online video market across 44 European countries.
The geographical scope of the study includes:
- The United Kingdom
- Nordic countries
The tracker finds high levels of activities in the European OTT video services market, especially in terms of new service launches, service expansions, and partnerships. Approximately €200 million has been invested in 2017 in various content and technology firms in the region for driving the expansion of connected video services. Premium live sports and eSports have been the major focus areas for new services and partnerships. While the United Kingdom continued to hold its appeal for OTT video services, France and Germany have been getting increasing attention from stakeholders. The Nordic region also experienced a wave of innovation and investments in the OTT video services market in the latter half of 2017.
In terms of technological trends, most European OTT video service providers focused on 4K/UHD adoption and immersive formats such as virtual reality, augmented reality, and 360 degree video during the study period. Convergence of market stakeholders is imminent with telecom operators, pay TV operators, and broadcasters realizing the strategic imperative to add OTT services to their portfolio. With a majority of the viewers in Europe being sports fanatics, premium live sports is emerging as an attractive business model for OTT service providers looking to capture a bigger market share.
The study provides an insight into the European OTT Video landscape in terms of:
- Funding and investments
- Mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
- Innovative value-added features
- New service launches
- Technology partnerships and alliances
- Content partnerships
- Top market movers
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the key market highlights in the OTT space in Europe?
- What are the investment trends that are impacting the market?
- What are the major partnerships and alliances that happened in the last year?
- What are the value-added features and services adopted by key market participants?
- What are the competitive forces affecting the market?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Stakeholders
- Market Highlights
2. Market Growth and Investment Trends
- Funding and Investments
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
- Go-to-Market Strategy-Value-added Features
- New Service Launches
- Technology Partnerships and Alliances
- Content Partnerships
3. Regional Analysis
- OTT Video Services-The United Kingdom
- OTT Video Services-France
- OTT Video Services-Germany
- OTT Video Services-Nordic Countries
4. Market Movers
- Top Market Mover-Now TV
- Top Market Mover-Dazn
- Notable Others-Hayu
- Notable Others-Molotov TV
5. The Last Word
- Trends to Watch Out For
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits