"Smoking Tobacco in the Czech Republic, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Czech market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption to 2027.
The overall market for tobacco products has fluctuated in recent years, in large because of the impact of fiscal and regulatory policies on tobacco use. While sales fell in 2013, they were up between 2014 and 2016 to 22,547 tons. Volume reached 21,966 tons in 2017.
- Taxes on tobacco products have recently been increasing and this has helped push smokers from manufactured cigarettes to HRT alternatives.
- Evidence since 2009 suggests that these increases are also pushing cigarette smokers towards contraband.
- The market is dominated by multinationals with Imperial Tobacco leading, followed by Philip Morris and British American Tobacco, and both imports and exports have increased extensively since 2004.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Tobacco products market, %, 2007 & 2017
Tobacco products market, tons, 2007-2017
Market Size and Structure
Smoking tobacco consumption, tons, 2007-2017
Per capita consumption (grams per year), 2007-2017
Smoking tobacco: market segmentation, 2011-2017
Cigarette consumption: manufactured vs. FCT, 2007-2017
Production and Trade
Imports, tons, 2006-2016
Imports by country of origin, top countries, volume, %, 2016
Imports by country of origin, volume, tons, 2008-2016
Imports by country of origin, value, €’000, 2008-2016
Imports of smoking tobacco in packs =500g, tons, 2008-2015
Imports of smoking tobacco in packs =500g, €’000, 2008-2015
Exports, tons, 2008-2016
Exports by country of destination, top countries % volume, 2016
Exports by country of destination, volume, tons, 2008-2016
Exports by country of destination, value, €’000, 2008-2016
Exports of smoking tobacco in packs =500g, tons, 2008-2015
Exports of smoking tobacco in packs =500g, €’000, 2008-2015
Taxation and Retail Prices
Structure of taxation: FCT vs. manufactured cigarettes, 2015
EU: fine cut tobacco, tax incidence comparison, 2015
Retail price list, 2016
Manufacturers and Brands
FCT: manufacturer shares by volume (%), 2011-2016
Leading FCT brand families shares by volume (%), 2004-2015
RYO tobacco: manufacturer shares by volume (%), 2011-2015
RYO tobacco: brand family shares by volume (%), 2011-2015
Leading brands by price category, 2014
The Smoking Population
Adult smoking prevalence by gender, 2004-2014
Smoking prevalence among men and women, by age (%), 2008 & 2010
Heath warnings and labeling requirements
Prospects and Forecasts
Fine cut tobacco consumption, tons, 2017-2027
Per capita consumption, grams per year, 2017-2027
Additional data tables