This edition of Future Tech TOE discusses about nanoencapsulation. Nanoencapsulation is a coating process by which an active ingredient is coated with a biodegradable shell material at nano scale. The technology is used across a wide range of industries from food to personal care and pharmaceuticals. Nanoencapsulation ensures protection and controlled release of bioactive compounds at the right time and the right place. Nanoencapsulation offers several advantages in comparison to targeted site-specific delivery and efficient absorption through cells in terms of stability and scalability. Stakeholders are exploring potential of nanoencapsulation for new applications such as chemicals, catalysts, and construction.
The Future Tech TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures emerging innovations in research and development, or profile existing technologies which have seen a resurgence in terms of new markets and applications. It usually provides a technology overview, drivers, challenges, research and development, analyst insights and key patent information. In some cases, technology convergence scenarios and future growth opportunities are outlined. It covers innovations and technologies in a variety of industry spaces including manufacturing, sensors, electronics, information and communications technologies, networks, lighting technologies, healthcare, medical devices, materials and coatings, and developments in the energy sector that contribute toward a sustainable and greener world.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
- Advanced Encapsulation Solutions to Protect Active Ingredients are Gaining Momentum
- Drivers and Restraints Impacting Adoption of Nanoencapsulation
- R&D Efforts Spread Across the Globe
- Wide Application Potential Key for Commercial Success
- Nanoencapsulation Providing Safe Therapeutics to Patients
- Nanoencapsulation to Protect Active Ingredients During Drug Delivery
- Nanoencapsulation to Increase Bioavailability of Drugs
- Development of Stable Functional Food With Nanoencapsulation
The Road Ahead
- Technology Roadmap for Nanoencapsulation Technology
- Patent Analysis Reveals That Pharmaceuticals, Foods, and Personal Care are High Interest Applications
- Use of Biodegradable Carriers Such as Chitosan and Starch Will be of Focus in the Pharmaceutical Sector
- Nanoencapsulants For Flavor and Fragrance Masking Will Emerge in the Food & Beverage Sectors
- Nanoencapsulants for Cosmetic Textiles and Transdermal Delivery Will Emerge in the Personal Care Sectors