"Cigarettes in Tunisia, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Tunisia.
The Tunisian cigarette market has shown relatively strong growth during the last two decades, assisted to a large extent by generally buoyant economic conditions and a degree of political stability. However, the period since 2009 has been one of difficulties with economic and political disturbances leading to a collapse in sales during 2010 and a fall in volumes during 2011-2014. There are currently 1.22 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 29.0% of adult male and 1.6% female smokers in 2016, or 15.1% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 1,087 pieces a year in 2016 and is forecasted to rise to 1,327 pieces by 2026.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2016 to 2026.
- Market volume in 2016 was 12 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, consumers consumed an average of 1,078 cigarettes in 2016 or 3.0 per day.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Government Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 1990-2015, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, 2000-2015, % of Total
Table 5: Market Breakdown by Type: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, 2000-2010, % Volume
Table 6: RNTA Sales & Share, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 7: RNTA Sales & Share, 2000-2016, % Volume
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2009, 2010 & 2013, Million Pieces
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2009, 2010 & 2013, % of Total
Table 10: Brand Shares, 2006-2009 & 2012, % Volume
Table 11: Cigarette Price Inflation, 2000-2010, Index 2000 = 100.0
Table 12: Cigarette Prices (Imported & Domestic Brands), 2009-2014, TND/Pack
Table 13: Selling Prices of Foreign Cigarettes, April 2010, July 2012 & July 2014, Million (Pack)
Table 14: Selling Prices of Foreign Cigarettes, April 2010, July 2012 & July 2014, TND (Pack)
Table 15: Cigarette Prices, August 2015
Table 16: Smoking population, 1990-2016
Table 17: Tobacco Use by Age & Gender, 1996, % of Total
Table 18: Tobacco Use by Environment, Education, Occupation & Gender, 1996, % of Total
Table 19: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 20: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016
Table 21: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 22: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2016, % of Total
Table 23: Cigarette Exports, 1995-2016
Table 24: Export by Country of Destination, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 25: Export by Country of Destination, 2000-2016, % of Total
Table 26: Company profile: Régie Nationale des Tabacs et des Allumettes (RNTA) SA
Table 27: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology