"Cigarettes in Kazakhstan, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Kazakhstan.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, but with tax increases driving up prices, and increased restrictions on public smoking, the smoking prevalence rate has begun to decline. Until recently, smoker numbers changed little, but a downward shift has occurred. There are currently 12.95 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 41.5% of adult male and 21.9% female smokers in 2016, or 31.1% of the adult population. The smoking prevalence has been declining in recent years. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 738 pieces a year in 2017 and is forecasted to decline to 589 pieces by 2026.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2016 to 2026.
- Market volume in 2016 was 14.50 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, French consumers consumed an average of 790 cigarettes in 2016, or 2.2 per day.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/ Labeling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 3: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported, Million Pieces, 2000-2015
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported, % , 2000-2015
Table 5: Market Segmentation by Price Sector, Million Pieces, 2003-2006 & 2008-2010
Table 6: Market Segmentation by Price Sector, %, 2003-2006 & 2008-2010
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % Breakdown, 2000-2016
Table 9: Brand Share, %, 2010, 2012 & 2013
Table 10: Excise & VAT Rates, 2010-2017
Table 11: Smoking population,1990-2016
Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Age Group & Gender, 2010-2013
Table 13: Use of Tobacco, %, 2012
Table 14: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
Table 15: Production by Company, Billion Pieces, 2013
Table 16: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016, Million pieces
Table 17: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2005-2016
Table 18: Imports of Cigarettes by Country of Origin, % , 2005-2016
Table 19: Exports of Cigarettes, Million Pieces and %, 1998-2016
Table 20: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2005-2016
Table 21: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, %, 2005-2016
Table 22: Philip Morris Kazakhstan
Table 23: JTI Central Asia
Table 24: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology